Fees and other charges
reesespieces

I think that Verizon should give there customers that have been with them more than 10 years a break.  They have just raised their fees and other charges on their bills.  Now you are being charged an increase on the Surcharges for Regional Sports fee (from 2.42 to 6.39) and Video Franchise fee (5.07 to 5.46) they sure like to  stick it to us.  pletty soon time to change

0 Likes
Re: Fees and other charges
jonjones1
Legend

@reesespieces wrote:

I think that Verizon should give there customers that have been with them more than 10 years a break.  They have just raised their fees and other charges on their bills.  Now you are being charged an increase on the Surcharges for Regional Sports fee (from 2.42 to 6.39) and Video Franchise fee (5.07 to 5.46) they sure like to  stick it to us.  pletty soon time to change

Not that I am a fan of fees and surcharges you must remember cable companies also use creative ways to raise rates. Like that video franchise fee is not a mandated fee from your state, county, village, or town but a creative fee from Verizon to get more money outside of their published rates. Cable companies call it something else but the same tactic.

the way to avoid these fees is to drop tv and phone which makes up the bulk of these fees and surcharges. Internet in New York is not taxed but Verizon came up with a new bogus fee that was previously denied by the NYS Public Service Commission on copper but placed it on fiber first at .99¢ then $1.49 and now at $2.49 raising unabated until it is once again removed as a cost included in the price charged to the customers for doing business. It’s to move their telephone poles if construction is necessary in your location. Let’s see $10000,0000,0000.00 charged as revenue each year for removing a pole. Now that is something to think about. I could build a city with that money😀

you could just get a seperate streaming service like directtvnow or sling and hulu or amazon prime and save money via not paying taxes and fees and get a VoIP service like a magic jack at $39 for the doggle which is yours to keep, then get a 5 year plan from magic jack for around $99 and save huge money. Then you will just have internet which like I said can be cheap. People today must shop around for the best deals.

0 Likes