FiOS Order - Higher bill than estimated from order and billed on the first day of service?
Mitranand

I placed a Verizon FiOS order on 8/4 for the Triple Play: Gigabit Conneciton, Ultimate HD, Home Phone Service along with Cinemax + HBO premium channels (which is already ridiculous that I have to pay extra for when my in-laws currently have it as part of their Ultimate HD pacakage), 2 Set top Boxes, Basic DVR service.

Now when I placed the order, my subtotal was around $150.99 with the Cinemax fee waived and $10 discount credit monthly for 21 months (offer) plus $10 discount for autopay, plus $10 discount for Verizon Connections program.  

When I clicked on the "Estimated Bill" I saw, $17x.xx. Now I ordered the service and see my FIRST BILL on the day i'm having the service installed for over $200? And supposedly this is with all the discounts included? This is truly mind boggling.

I'd like an explanation because on the "estimated bill" I saw all of the Verizon fees, taxes, etc. 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Order - Higher bill than estimated from order and billed on the first day of service?
jonjones1
Legend

Did you factor in installation fee of around $99?

there is also a router rental of $10 (going up to $13 in September 2018)?

just a guess

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Order - Higher bill than estimated from order and billed on the first day of service?
Mitranand

Yes I did, the $99 installation fee was waived as part of the offer, as well as the previous owner of the home had FiOS and everything is outside and wired up. I don't see much installation for them to do, the house is pretty wired up down to the wall plates to each room. 

Also for the router, I opted out and bought my own Verizon G1100 router on eBay so that $10 fee isn't even in the $200.xx bill.

0 Likes