File Complaint
naila1

I have a Verizon customer for 7 years. For the last 5 I have not been in contract. I called a few months ago to get my landline removed. When speaking to the representative, I clearly stated I just wanted to remove my landline, no new contract or agreement. Representative understood, and explicitly stated this is not a contract or agreement when going over my order. I agreed to the order, and had my landline service removed.

I called today to have my service cancelled, and to my surprise, I was told that I signed a 2 year contract the day I got my landline removed. I explained to the representatives today that I did not ask for an agreement, and the representative who removed the landline made sure that this is not a contract. The representative and the supervisor I spoke with today explained they cannot do anything about it, and I need to pay $290 for cancellation. I asked to have the fee waived due to the the representative lying to me. They denied.

I would like to file a complaint for Verizon allowing one of its representatives to lie to a customer and tricking me into signing an agreement. Where can I file this complaint?

0 Likes
Re: File Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi naila,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes