Final Bill? Need to file corporate complaint
Morsse

After nine years of excellent service, I decided to cancel due to cost ($259 per month) and limit on internet speed. I spoke to a Verizon representative on January 1st (2019) to find out when my billing cycle would end so as to have a clean cut in service, and not get a "Final" bill. I was informed by the agent that my billing cycle was on the 9th of January.

I asked the rep to disconnect service to match with billing cycle and repeatedly asked if I would owe any additional money. I was reassured that there would be no further bill and that the system was showing I would get a refund as charges are a month in advance. Satisfied with the response and time frame, I went ahead and made sure all equipment was dropped off ahead of the January 9th date.

Surprisingly, I received a final bill north of $300. I called Verizon on February 5th to find out why I was receiving this final bill and the first representative took one look at my account and mentioned to me she was not sure what had been done on my account. I was transferred to billing assistance and was told that this was not the final bill and that a new one would go out soon. 

I reluctantly accepted to wait and hope for the best. I received an updated final bill on February 4th with a few credits that I do not understand, but still a bill of over $100. I called Verizon back on the 5th, to find out what was going on. The agent that assisted was not able to tell me what was going on with my bill but asked me to wait for apparently, a final, final bill in a week.

I told the rep to please note in my now closed account, that I was extremely frustrated in this process and that my next call would be to the Better Business Bureau as I find it a complete waste of my time to be calling Verizon to get an explanation as to why I owe money on my final bill. It is also irritating to get a daily automated call from Verizon (since February 4th) to inform me I owe money.

Needless to say, there has been no further final, final bill and I am still getting these highly annoying daily calls. I am posting here in the hopes that a corporate level agent will reach out to me and resolve this once and for all. Otherwise, I will go ahead and report Verizon to the BBB. What a way to sour the experience of an otherwise satisfied customer of nine years.

0 Likes
Re: Final Bill? Need to file corporate complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Morsse,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes