Fios Internet final bill - LIES!
BartJSimpson

Hi,

I cancelled my Fios Internet 2 months ago. I was told at the time of cancellation that they will prorate the final bill and that the prorated amount will be reflected in the next bill. I waited one month and received a bill for the full amount (not prorated). I called customer support and was told that it would take additional time and was again told to wait for the next bill to see the updated charges. So...waited another month and lo and behold, charges are for the same amount. To make matters worse, I've received a letter from a collection agency.

I called customer support and the agent updated my account to reflect the prorated amount. She told me it would take 24 hours for this change to be reflected on my end. I waited 24 hours, signed into my myverizon account and I am still not seeing the prorated charges. Waited a few days, still no updates. Finally, I called customer support again (after an extremely long hold might I add), spoke with an agent and was told that Verizon no longer prorates bills. What a load of baloney.

This is unacceptable. After looking through the forum, it appears that other people have experienced a similar situation. It makes me wonder. Are Verizon agents not being properly trained or are they intentionally trained to act this way? I have no problem with paying the full non-prorated charges. But please Verizon, be consistent with what you communicate to me. If there is no intention of prorating my bill, then please state that from the beginning. Because of the incompetencies of your agents and Verizon as an organization, I should not have to deal with a collection agency. Verizon is clearly at fault for providing misleading information. My only fault is trusting what your agents told me. I've never had any issues with paying my bills on time.

Sorry for the long post, but this is extremely frustrating for me. If this does not get resolved, then I'm not sure I would want to do business with Verizon in the future. I hope someone from Verizon reads this post and can escalate the situation.

As an organzation, I hope Verizon can think long term. Is it worth disatisfying your customers over a few dollars? My last words on this post: Word of mouth is a double edged sword.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet final bill - LIES!
jonjones1
Legend

Although I see your frustration in your post, the simple fact of the matter is no matter who told you what it is an issue that will only escalate to a worse situation.

first it was sent twice as not paid (if you owe it or not you could have paid what you believed it should be) this would have averted the collections calls and far worse this may have hit your credit reports resulting in far worse consequences.

secondly, it’s true word of mouth may do some damage but on a customer helping customer forum the post does no good. 

I always believed and respond that if you cancel service do it a few days prior to the end closing date. It’s when you go one day over you owe the whole month.

dont believe anything verbally, get everything in writing. And check your credit report for a negative post from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet final bill - LIES!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BartJSimpson,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes