Fios activation fee
khiggs67121

So I just got Fios TV and internet yesterday. I went and purchased and picked up the equipment myself at the verizon store at bakery square in Pittsburgh, PA. I have almost always been a Comcast customer and have never had any issues. I recently moved to the pittsburgh area and I decided to try FIOS. The main reason I went with FIOS is that there didn't seem to be any silly fees that would apply, as online it said that those fees would be waived. So I went the the verizon store and low and behold their was an activation fee. A whole $69.99. Inlcuding this amount over the year, it will ended up being more than Comcast. Luckily I don't have a contract. So I left the store after the clerk told me it would be a very easy install as my townhome was already FIOS ready. Man was he wrong. First off, the set top boxes don't come with any instructions so that was fun. Then their was an issue with the OTN box and so I had to call verizon technical support. After two hours of being on hold, I was finally able to get a hold of somebody to fix the issue. Their customer service wait is worse than waiting for a doctor appt through VA. If they are willing to waive it if you purchase it one way, then it should apply to all. I feel like waiving this fee is the least they could do in support of my frustration. My estimated monthly bill is supposed to be around $85. Now its up around $130 for the next three months. This is good ol bait and switch if you ask me. Hopefully they will do the right thing and keep me as a customer.

0 Likes
Re: Fios activation fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi khiggs6712,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Fios activation fee
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Khiggs6712,
Since we have not heard from you, we are now closing out your support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes