Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. OR get iPhone 13, on us for a limited time. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Fios installation. **bleep** off customer
Dseidman82

I am a new customer. I got a great deal getting double play. I moved into a home that had the previous owner's gateway router and cable runs already in home.  I stated this to the verizon agent and was able to use this. I was hoping they would be able to just switch to my name and activate it. They said they couldn't, which I kind of understand. One week later, Fios technician will arrive to install. I was looking forward to today, Dec 20th because my family havent had internet for the last month and it terrible. Besides using our phone's for tethering, not being able to watch tv, etc, my family was looking forward to today. 

Well wouldn't you know it. I never received my installation service. I called verizon tech support and they see that I am confirmed for Dec. 20th installation, but when they check with their dispatcher, they have no order in their records for me! Really, Verizon! How does that even happen. So now we have to wait another 8 days before sevice is activated! This is unaceptable, and I am going to complain to the BBB. 

My installation is simple. I've worked in this industry and know what goes into it. It would only be an hour (max) job. I am so frustrated, This is NOT how a new customer should be treated.

0 Likes
Re: Fios installation. **bleep** off customer
LawrenceC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SLATE1176,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Another screw up by Verizon fios, and who to direct complaints too.
Dseidman82

Another day another thing Verizon does to screw up. They did not inform me that ordering 150mb required a technician to install. So once I heard this today, I imeadiatly downgraded to 50mb to do a self install. I was able to get my tv service working but wouldn't you know that my internet service still won't work. I called and informed about the screw up already, like Verizon missing my install date on the 20th and making me wait until the 28th. So I made changes to do self installation. Now they are telling me they still have to come out here because they can't get my router activated?!?! If I can get cable reception, WHY CANT I GET INTERNET RECEPTION. This is completely unacceptable. I wish I could just leave and choose another isp, but can't because Verizon has an monopoly in the area.  

0 Likes
Re: Another screw up by Verizon fios, and who to direct complaints too.
LawrenceC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SLATE1176,

You currently have an open Private Support case. We ask that you keep all correspondence concerning your issue in the Private Support area until your case is resolved or closed.  Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes