First Verizon Rep promised that Kids' VOD charges would be waived. Second Verizon Rep denies this.
pbcbny111

Hi,

My family and I are not new Verizon customers. We've been on a Verizon Wireless plan for over a decade. We are however new Verizon FiOS customers. As such, we didn't know much about the service, such as how easy it is for kids to access paid on demand movies and TV shows compared to our previous service. We almost never use paid on demand. However, we didn't setup payment controls until it was too late. After our first month of usage, the kids racked up around $160+ in On Demand charges, watching 13 movies in the process. When the bill came on 9/28/2017, we were shocked and we promptly called customer service to rectify the situation.

Thankfully a Verizon customer service representative who went by the name of "Aisa" promised that she could waive the charges as a courtesy of us being first-time customers and loyal Verizon customers in general. We were happy with the outcome.

So we were shocked when today 10/30/2017 we received this month's bill, which included an overdue charge on the very same movies we were promised would be waived. We once again called customer service seeing if we could get this situation straightened out. Instead, this new representative who goes by the name of "Malitha" or "Melissa" claimed that they were not allowed to waive charges. That whatever the previous representative did was against their policy or not allowed by her superiors.

So either the first representative "Aisa" knowingly promised us something that could not be done just so she can shut us up or she thought she could waive the charges, but was overruled at a later point. Or perhaps "Melissa" is lying to us and we can have the charges waived? All of these possibilities reflect badly on this company.

I want what was promised. It's only been less than three months since we've switched, we can and we will easily switch back if we need to. We can probably switch Wireless plans too if need be.

Is it true that we cannot have our charges waived? If so, why did the first rep say so? Did she willingly lie to us? Did a superior overrule her? Was the second rep lying to us?

0 Likes
Re: First Verizon Rep promised that Kids' VOD charges would be waived. Second Verizon Rep denies thi
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pbcbny111,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes