Fraudulent Contract Renewal Prompt/Horrible Customer Service
sahudson18

I logged into verizon.net to pay my bill and was given a notification that my contract had expired and needed renewal.  Fearing loss of service I quickly renewed the contract - only to notice after that the monthly amount increased by $20.  I called and waited for over 30 minutes to speak with someone.  I was told that the new contract I signed did not include discounts I had received under the previous contract and a supervisor would need permission to give the discounts back.  No one contacted me back for 2 days.  Called again and spoke with a supervisor named Mrs. Trask.  She told me that my original contract wasn't set to expire for 2 more years!!!  She didn't believe me when I told her about the prompt to renew.  She asked if I had proof and blamed me for signing the new contract.  I asked to cancel the new FRAUDULENT CONTRACT, then she told me my new monthly amount would be $40 more a month because the discounts were removed from the original contract (that I was happy with).  The customer service was horrible!  As a returning customer you would think you would be treated a little better.  Mrs Trask didn't even look into the renewal prompt and why I received this prompt.  From other postings on this forum, I am not the only one this has happened to.

0 Likes
Re: Fraudulent Contract Renewal Prompt/Horrible Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sahudson18,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes