Fraudulent unreturned equipment charge
rpmckenzie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called Verizon to move my services to a new house and the rep talked me in to upgrade all of my boxes and wireless router.  He said to bring the old equipment with me to the new house and let the technician who installs the new equipment take them. 

A month and a half later after the install I am getting a $999 charge on bill for unreturned equipment.  Supposedly Verizon only got 1 of the four devices that the technician took with him.  I am being charged for an HD DVR, HD set top box and a wireless router.  Multiple calls to verizon's customer service number have resulted in multiple promises of the reps calling me back after having their "supervisiors" push things through.

I am seriously considering canceling all of my Verizon and Verizon Wireless services even if there is an early termination fee.  After reading other posts in these forums this looks like this is a common issue with Verizon.  I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years.  I would have thought I would have been treated better then this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fraudulent unreturned equipment charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rpmckenzie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

Re: Fraudulent unreturned equipment charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rpmckenzie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.