Frustration thy name is Verizon
arob456

Two weeks ago I called in to Verizon to schedule a service move. I have phone and hi-speed internet service. I called on a Friday and a service tech was scheduled t come out the following Friday. I took a day off from work. I am one of the few people on earth who does not have a cell phone and my home phone service was one of the services being moved. My friend was kind enough to let me use her number for the confirmation call.

By Friday morning I had not heard from Verizon. I went online to try and get some help. MISTAKE! I explained my problemto the first agent who answered. They could not help me. Actually, they said my service had been scheduled fo r disconnect, so they transferred me over to billing. Billing said I was not scheduled for disconnection and a service tech would be out between 1 and 2. Here's the convo (I edited out the agent's name):

{edited for privacy}

Your session is now closed.

Welcome to Verizon Live Chat

Around 2:30 I jumped back online because no one had showed. Went through being transferred all around; giving all of my information again and being told that I was scheduled for disconnect and then being transferred to billing who told me again that I was not scheduled for disconnect. They told me that I was scheduled for  1 to 5, but a service tech would be here for sure between 3 and 4. That conversation went just like the one before.

The service tech did show. The reason I know this is because I just happened to walk past the window while the truck was parked out front. I didn't hear a knock on the door and they didn't ring the bell. He should have rung the bell. There is no way I would have missed that because it's like a fire alarm. I ran downstairs, but by the time I got there he had driven off.

I hopped online for a third time. I just asked if I could speak with someone who could help me with tech service. Went through the whole thing again. Telephone number, address, account number, explain what happened...etc. Get transferred not once, not twice, but three times and each time having to go over information I had just inserted. Why do they ask permission to review what was discussed with the other agents if they are just going to make me type everything out again? None of them were any help. At this point I am furious and frustrated. I hop back online for a third time because I am left with no other choice, but to reschedule. I go through giving all of my info AGAIN and I was scheduled to have a service tech come out on Thursday.

I was considering just giving up my service because this is almost the same thing that happened when I first signed up for Verizon service a year ago. It was a big mess and it took a redo to get my service started. I gave myself the weekend to think it over because I hate to make decisions while I'm upset.

On Monday I decided I did not want to keep my Verizon service. Mistakes happen, I understand that, but dealing with customer support and the amount of misinformation that went on...I just did not want to go through that again. Not to mention, I would have to take another day off from work, wait and hope that the tech would show.

I called Monday to cancel my service. I explained what happened to the agent I spoke with. It takes a lot to make me angry and the fact that I was still angry about this two days later says a lot. The guy I spoke with was nice. He he gave the obligatory "what can we do to fix this?" I told him. I just want my service moved. I don't want to talk to anyone else at Verizon, I just want my service moved. He said he would make as many notes on the account. Make sure the tech called first, make sure the tech knocked and make sure the tech rang the bell. We went over the contact numbers. I told him to take one of the number off because it would not be needed. I gave him another number to call. A number that I could answer myself and that was to be the only number to call for confirmation.

By Wednesday evening I still had not received a confirmation call, but the number that I told the guy NOT to use as a contact had received 2 phone calls and a text. Why? I told them not to call that number. That tore it for me. Because now I'm doubting whether or not the guy actually made notes on my account about calling, knocking and ringing the bell. 

I call Verizon again. So many prompts. Gave the person my information. I asked her what numbers they had on my account for confirmation of my service call. She said they had one number on my account. It wasn't the number they called earlier that day twice. It wasn't the number I gave them on Monday to call. It was my home number. Yep, the number that had been out of service for almost two weeks because I have been waiting for them to transfer it. How did this happen? Am I in the Twilight Zone? Are they forgetting to hit the save button when they make notes on an account. What in the world is going on?

It's really sad because my internet and phone services are fine. I have trouble every now and then, but 99% of the time it does what I need it to do. But whenever I need to contact customer support, it becomes a total nightmare. I wrote this mainly to get off my chest. I do not want and apology (It's all copy and paste I'm sowwies anyway). I just want my service moved across the hall way. 

0 Likes