Full Months Bill was charged while only used for 3 DAYS!!
taewan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a final bill that was charged for full months while I only used for three days of the billing cycle and suspended the FIOS. Maybe it's my 22 times I contact Fios for the billing issue. What a waste...hope to resolve it soon, please?

Disconnection confirmation"

Your order details:

Your service(s) will be disconnected on: Feb 23, 2018

AccountSummary

Charges Services & Equipment 64.99 2/20 - 3/19

Total Due by March 16 $64.99 $64.99 will be deducted from your account on 3/11/2018

0 Likes
Re: Full Months Bill was charged while only used for 3 DAYS!!
jonjones1
Legend

@taewan88wrote:

I have a final bill that was charged for full months while I only used for three days of the billing cycle and suspended the FIOS. Maybe it's my 22 times I contact Fios for the billing issue. What a waste...hope to resolve it soon, please?

Your order details:

AccountSummary

Total Due by March 16 $64.99 $64.99 will be deducted from your account on 3/11/2018

Unfortunately there is no error. Verizon charges in advance. So you went three days into the month that was paid. They do not do retroactive so the charges are valid.

you must cancel services prior to your bill closing date. In this case service should have been cancelled prior to February 19, 2018 but you went into a new month.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjoneswrote:

@taewan88wrote:

Your order details:

AccountSummary

Unfortunately there is no error. Verizon charges in advance. So you went three days into the month that was paid. They do not do retroactive so the charges are valid.

you must cancel services prior to your bill closing date. In this case service should have been cancelled prior to February 19, 2018 but you went into a new month.

Uh, yes, and no.  They do charge for the next month (for most items).  And the OP does not have to cancel early.  If you contact them they will normally make an adjustment for any bill not yet paid but due.  Any amount you paid but covering beyond your cancellation will eventually be prorated and refunded, but unfortunately often takes 3 months.  Be careful, because as I mentioned most items are for the next month but a few are not, and you may therefore still owe some money.  Fail to pay any such and your credit will get dinged. 

IF YOU ARE MOVING make sure they have your new address so you will get your bills.  Once closed you usually cannot access your bills online.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

wrote:

wrote:

Uh, yes, and no.  They do charge for the next month (for most items).  And the OP does not have to cancel early.  If you contact them they will normally make an adjustment for any bill not yet paid but due.  Any amount you paid but covering beyond your cancellation will eventually be prorated and refunded, but unfortunately often takes 3 months.  Be careful, because as I mentioned most items are for the next month but a few are not, and you may therefore still owe some money.  Fail to pay any such and your credit will get dinged. 

IF YOU ARE MOVING make sure they have your new address so you will get your bills.  Once closed you usually cannot access your bills online.

I have been a Verizon customer way before the name change in 2000 and way before that (Bell Atlantic, NYNEX) 

verizon bills in advance (I have often times tried to point out that a customer cannot be accessed a late fee for an advance payment) now if you have a bill start date which is 1st. of month to end date 30th of month you are still under verizons billing crazy reasons that you must cancel service prior to that end date. You may use any dates you desire including the ones you have now. You are paying for those days in advance.

if you cancel anytime between 1-30 you owe no further payments. If you close out service on say the bill start date Verizon charges you for that full month. It’s in advance.

you will be held responsible fir that service. However the prorated situation varies on to whom you speak to. I once cancelled a service with Verizon right before my closing date. Verizon did not charge me for the next month. This is the way it’s supposed to work. 

Now or if I cancelled one day after my start date Verizon charges me for the full period.

i can continue to use my paid fir in advance service and it should time out at my end date.

if you google the situation it is a crap shoot. Sometimes it works as it should, other times the customer has his service cut off immediately (this should be a refund) and other times the customers service is cancelled on the end date (this case no further invoices are owed) as in my previous case.

the original poster did not call in advance to terminate their service, they did not wish to pay for the advance month nor were they looking to pay for the three days into the next advance month. In this case it’s either stay through the full term month (pay the invoice) or go and use three days service not paid for and try to have Fios not bill for those days. Which do you think is going to happen.

even now with customers paying in advance, Verizon has now required a 7 days earlier payment which again is still in advance. Both Fios and wireless.

figure that one out.

0 Likes