Getting a lot of "not supported method" logging on with Internet Explorer
tns
Master - Level 2

Recently I have been getting a lot of logins fail with "not supported method".  This is with internet explorer 9 and from the main myverizon page.  e.g.. Going initial to http://www.verizon.com/myverizon .  Tried clearing cache but it didn't help.  Usually I have to jump to another page such as the forum pages and do the signon there.

0 Likes
Re: Getting a lot of "not supported method" logging on with Internet Explorer
stepjam97

I've been having the same issue......only with Google Chrome. I don't typically have an issue with IE, but it is a bit cumbersome to have to open another browser just to be able to log into my Verizon account........

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Reports are they put in a fix yesterday.  We'll see if it works.  So far haven't seen the "not supported method" or some of the other fluky things today.

0 Likes
Bearwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns, is this a "Verizon" fix that you are referring to?  My sign in is  now working, too.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Yes, verizon fix.  Based on comment from Microsoft on their fix, their was a need to respond to a indicator that a response was split across mutliple responses.  Essentially a partial response was being assumed to be a complete response (which before the microsoft fix it was), but a inicator showed additional info was in anther packet.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Looks like the problem was introduced with the Microsoft fix KB2585542.   Not sure if Chrome might have done something sooner that causes it to have a problem, or if the Microsoft code is used by Chrome.  It is a fix related to a problem in the underlying SSL/TLS but is causing trouble in lots of places. 

Apparently Verizon has now made changes that at least fix IE.  Need to hear from Chrome users.

0 Likes
Bearwood
Enthusiast - Level 3

tns, are you aware if Verizon ever acknowledged this patch issue for its customers that use IE?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

They acknowledged a problem but I didn't see them say details.

Several other sites and some VPN acknowledged a problem introduced with the Microsoft fix, and have fixed it or stated they are working on it.

0 Likes