Had to cancel your contract? What was your experience?
xxy1

Hi, I'm curious what customer experiences are for those who have had to cancel contracts. Say you're moving out of an area or just no longer needing the service, what happened when you went to cancel the contract? How much did it ultimately cost you? Was your experience good, bad, ugly? Was it all worth it?  

Please share your thoughts.  Thank you!! 

0 Likes
Re: Had to cancel your contract? What was your experience?
jonjones1
Legend

@xxy wrote:

Hi, I'm curious what customer experiences are for those who have had to cancel contracts. Say you're moving out of an area or just no longer needing the service, what happened when you went to cancel the contract? How much did it ultimately cost you? Was your experience good, bad, ugly? Was it all worth it?  

Please share your thoughts.  Thank you!! 

This is a customer helping customer forum. So more than likely you will only read problems with canceling service via using the search feature in the forum.

basic premise is if you agree to a contract for one or two years you know your obligations to Verizon and Verizon printed what they will provide. 

If a hardship (not just wanting to leave, or because you don’t like the increase in price) Verizon may release you without penalty. Say you lose your job, were in an accident, your home was destroyed by natural disaster I would think Verizon would waive the early termination fee. But remember Verizon lived up to their end of the contract, so assume you would hold up your end as well.

i don’t believe in contracts for services like internet or cable or VoIP services or even streaming services. This way if I want to cancel or move or change providers I can.

i will add that when I started Fios as non contract they were kind enough to give multiple discounts. Alas it stated $10 ended in one year, and the $15 falls off this November. But it is clearly stated. They also gave me $60 off which never expires.

will there be general price increases? I know they will. But I can cross that stream when I get to it.

its a good service.

0 Likes