Horrible Customer Service Verizon
Nomad187

I have been a long time, loyal Verizon customer.  I have Verizon wireless, and Fios.  Until this past week, I have never had a complaint about this company.  It wasn't until I called to disconnect my Fios due to me moving, did I realize I will never sign up with this company again.

I understand that when i signed up for a 2 year contract, that there is an early termination fee.  However, I figured since my job transfered me to an area that Fios doesn't service that the fee would be waived.  Imagine my surprise when I was told "sorry, there is nothing we can do.  It's a binding contract" Funny how they will give away upgrades to retain a customer that is leaving the service at the end of a contract, but they won't waive a fee for a loyal customer that doesn't have the option to stay.

I also find it perplexing that it is next to impossible to find a customer service email.  Obviously talking to both a live person, and their supervisor got me no where, so why would I call back again?  It is sad that a company of this size makes their customers, and former customers, resort to a forum to vent their frustrations.

After all this, I will never sign up for Fios, and plan on dropping my Verizon service at the end of wireless contract.  I'd much rather go to a company with no contract than deal with this.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service Verizon
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Verizon has a no contract option but the monthly price is higher. You choose a 2 year contract and once it is cancelled no matter what the reason there is an early termination fee as stated in the terms of service when you signed up for your account.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service Verizon
Nomad187

Thank you for telling me what I already knew.  I think the point you are missing is A- If your contract expires and I called to cancel service, they will give you discounts to get you to stay.  B- They can waive fees if they choose.  They choose not to waive the fees because they know you are leaving anyway, so why bother.

As I stated, I will be dropping Verizon cell as soon as those contracts expire.

0 Likes