How do I formally dispute billing charges?
philip33

December 2014 I was charged $2,990 for unreturned equiptment (5dvr's @ $550 / 1 SD box @ $240.) I was also charged $281.91 in taxes and $200.65 in surchages.  I returned ALL the devices  but your billing department only made an adjustment of $2,808.00 to my account.  I need someone to explain this adjustment amount and why the Taxes and Surcharges were also not adjusted to the correct billing amount.  

I have talked to many different Verizon reps (and been on hold for countless hours)  NO ONE has been able to help me solve this issue. I pay my current balance due every month, but have a I have a trailing balance of $642.00 EVERY MONTH because of this. 

Can a moderator please escalate this issue so that I may get a solution to this problem?

Oh and one more thing.  Despite being assured that this balance was still in review, and told specifically to IGNORE the cut-off texts and emails.  (Even when I called in a panic about them!!!)  My service WAS cut off until I paid the trailing balance PLUS a reconnect fee.

0 Likes
Re: How do I formally dispute billing charges?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
VerizonUser1011

April 10, 2015

Email: {edited for privacy}

Dear Verizon Management,

Since several phone calls to the Verizon Billing department since February have not produced any results, I will now resort to rectify this matter by a formal letter. 

I am emailing the Verizon Billing Department to request cancellation of both my internet and cable services due to the repeated billing mishaps that has taken up a substantial amount of my time since the month of February.  

Timeline of Documented Events:

1. On February, 27 2015, I was offered a discounted package by agreeing to an early commitment of another 2-year contract. In summary, with the early 2-year contract renewal, I’d be paying a monthly fee of $88.28. Details seen here:

Services and Discounts

Monthly Amount

New

Double Play

$89.99

·  FiOS TV Prime HD

·  FiOS Internet 50/50

·  $5 Agreement Incentive Included thru Jan 26, 2017

·  $10 Agreement Incentive Included thru Jan 26, 2017

Existing

(Rent): HD Set Top Box

$11.99

New

HBO $19.99 per month - Free for 12 months

Fee Waived

New

FiOS Quantum 1 Mo. Credit

-$10.00

New

Valued Customer $10/12 Mo

-$10.00

Estimated Monthly Subtotal

$81.98

Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail)

$3.88

Regional Sports Network Fee

$2.42

Estimated Monthly Charges

$88.28

1. On 14 MARCH, 2105 I learned that by just paying only $5.00 more to my monthly bill, I could replace my high definition box with a DVR. For just $5.00 more, I was eager to accept the deal. Before I agreed to it, I was promised that since it was only a $5.00 monthly increase to my bill, my bill would only change from $88.29 to $93.88.
  3. However, on the same day of 14 MAR 15, I was shocked to see my estimated bill via email. As seen in the text below, It was by far nowhere near the $88.29 to $93.88 that was agreed/committed to me. Instead, I noticed an outrageous estimated bill of $125.12 as seen here:

Billing Estimate

What to Expect on Your First Bill

Statement Date: 04/06/2015

Your first bill with these services may be higher due to Partial Month and One-Time Charges.

Estimated Monthly Subtotal

$110.97

Change in Service and Partial Month

Services Added (see detail)

$10.33

Services Removed (see detail)

-$4.00

Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal

$6.33

One-Time Charges Subtotal

$0.00

Estimated First Bill Subtotal

$117.30

Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail)

$5.40

Regional Sports Network Fee

$2.42

Estimated First Bill Charges

$125.12

1. Between 27 FEB 15 to the weekend of 14 MAR 15, multiple phone calls were made to rectify this matter. An additional call was made the week of 30 APR 15 when I escalated the matter to management. On all calls, I was assured that my final bill would be only a $5.00 addition to my bill (and hence, a final bill of $93.89) since all I did was swap out a high-definition box for a DVR. Moreover, I was told that I would not need to worry or make any additional phone calls since the matter would be taken care of.
  2. However, it was extremely unsettling today on 11 APR 15 when I discovered an official bill for the amount of $109.42, an amount that is significantly far from $93.89.

Since then several phone calls to Verizon Customer Service how not yielded any fruitful responses.  Though each one assured that my final bill is $93.89

Because I spent many hours and days attempting to rectify this billing problem without any solution, I feel that it is now time for me to part ways with Verizon and disconnect the entire service.  Again, the goal of this correspondence is to:

1. Negotiate the termination of my internet and cable service with Verizon FIOS and
  2. Obtain a refund/credit for the (i) unnecessary heartache and time I was forced to invest in correcting this matter which still has not yet been corrected.

I will attempt to navigate through the phone extensions and contact Verizon by phone, as soon as I get a chance on Monday afternoon/evening (EST). 

V/R,

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
VerizonUser1011

Ms. ElizabethS,

Thank you for your assistance during this painful ordeal.  So that I may be ready for the correspondence, about how much turnaround time can I expect until I hear from a Customer Service agent.  Also, considering the number of man-hours that I spend on this issue via multiple phone dalls and electronci correrspondence, will this matter be escalated to a manager?  Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC THREAD NOT PRIVATE.

For private look for the envelope shown as en envelope.  If you have mail in it it shows up in yellow(gold)http://forums.verizon.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Likes
Firebird7478
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just extended my contract with Verizon for two years. This is what they quoted me and the reason why I agreed to extend:

These estimates are not your actual bills, which will vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments, or installments.
These estimates are not your actual bills, which will vary based on activation date, changes you make after the order, duration of promotional discounts, usage, balance, adjustments, or installments.
Services and Discounts Monthly Amount
New Verizon Double Play $47.99
FiOS TV Local Service
FiOS Internet 25/25
$5 24 Mo. FiOS Internet Bundle Discount Included thru Aug 1, 2015
$5 24 Mo. Bundle Credit Included thru Aug 1, 2015
$5 24-Month Contract Discount Included thru Aug 1, 2015
Existing (Rent): HD Set Top Box $11.99
Estimated Monthly Subtotal $59.98
Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges (see detail) $1.96
Estimated Monthly Charges $61.94

This is what I receieved this morning:

Total Amount Due: $76.94*
Your Payment Date: September 17, 2015

That is a $15/per month difference from what I was quoted, and $8 per month more than what I was paying last year!

Is this how Verizon treats its loyal customers? If you're going to scam me like this, at least throw in a $200 gift card the way you do for NEW customers!

Now if I try to back out of this because I'm so ticked off I am subjected to a contract termination fee.

THANKS FOR NOTHING...oh, and the faster internet speed you gave me? I cannot tell the difference....still buffers on occasion. Maybe I should get together with the girl in your commercials and learn how to make origamis.

0 Likes
CHRSTR67

Until February of 2013, I had been a Verizon customer.  At that time, I moved into a new home, and no longer needed the landline, FIOS, and DirectTV that I had been using.  Because I had a bundle (including Verizon Wireless and the aforementioned services) and paid a single bill for all, Verizon applied a credit of more than $40 each month.   When I moved,  I provided a forwarding address and paid the final bill and had a $0 balance.

Verizon kept applying the credit for the bundle, and each month I would receive a credit statement that grew by about $40 each time, until eventually, it was over $1000.  Recently, I received a statement where Verizon created a $1000 charge and I assumed they had corrected the error, and zeroed the incorrectly applied credit.  

Until December, when I got another credit of $33, and a bill for $38, leaving a balance of $5.53 that they are asking me to remit.  I called Verizon on 12/10 and said this was an error, that I haven't had service since February of 2013.  Additionally, the bill now has a telephone number that has never been one of my old numbers.  The representative said not to worry, but to disregard and she would zero it out.

On 12/28, I got a new bill for double the amount  - $11.06 - and a notification that this amount is past due.   Now, I have called three or four times and no one, other than the representative on 12/10, can see the account because it is long closed.  

Question 1) If the account is closed, why is it still generating a bill?

Question 2) How did this unrelated phone number get added to my old account, and why am I expected to pay a "dial tone line" fee for a number I have nothing to do with?

Question 3) If I do nothing, will you send me to collections?   I have not had service since 2013 and do not owe anything. 

I hope this thread is monitored and someone can point me to a resource that can help resolve.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes