I have been trying to receive $300 rebate since December...
CourtneyRyan
Enthusiast - Level 1

So this is a last resort option, I'm not one to typically take to the internet for a problem but I'm desperate at this point.
I have made 5 different phone calls, each lasting a minimum of 45 minutes (several were well over the hour mark) regarding the fact that I had yet to receive my $300 rebate. I've never received a shipping confirmation or tracking number, but the online Verizon login for it says it shipped Dec. 24th.
I'm getting very, very, tired of calling and wasting time with people who are giving me new shipping dates and then sending me on my way. Those dates have all come and gone. The last conversation I had was with an agent by the name of Brian, who I felt ACTUALLY helped me. Could this be the end of my wild goose chase? I certaintly thought so. But wait, don't get your hopes up just yet...
He kindly helped me for over an hour trying to make sure they were re-shipping my stuff and even waited to get me my USPS shipping number. He played the middle man between whoever handles shipping, the rebates company and myself. I was incredibly gracious for his efforts and thankful he didn't accidentally hangup on me during all of his call switching! 🙂
To make sure I could speak to him again, if for some reason I still didn't receive my card, he was kind enough to give me a direct line to him. Again, I was told it would arrive in two weeks, as expected, and that "everything should be just fine now!"  

Interestingly enough, when I go to call Brian back, it's not him - unless he's had a recent sex change and gave me his personal cell or home phone. (For the record, we triple checked that I wrote the correct phone number, because I was NOT going to let something so silly prolong this process any longer.)
The even better part? I was calling him because the tracking number he gave me was incorrect, too, and couldn't be found within the USPS system. Again, also triple checked that number - I promise you, we covered every base and then some. But I trusted that his contact information and tracking information was correct information. I now feel like I was lied to. "Let's just give this girl some bogus information and get her off our backs... oh and a fake number, so she can't reach us." Whether that's the case or not, who know's but it definitely seems that way. 

So, back to square one. No tracking number, no information, 5 different people have tried to help me, and I'm still without my card. I'm beginning to wonder why I signed up for such a deal, when the company is so pathetic at following through on their end of the bargin. I feel like it's a bait and switch because now I'm locked into my services for two years. (Which is fine, but I am **bleep** at the customer service and rebates team so far with Verizon.) I'm less than impressed with talking to anyone in the company and I expect SOMEONE to at least respond to this. I don't have time to just call every two weeks, being bounced around from person to person, before finally speaking with someone who is either clueless or acts helpful but then gives me bogus information again. The effort it takes to actually get anywhere with anyone within the Verizon community is like having a part-time job. Like most people, I'm a working woman. I signed up for a rebate not an additional job. Please help me, by doing your job, and point me in the righ direction. I'm not usually a bitter person, but my patience has run dry and I'm beginning to get angry. Let's just end this once and for all, OK? OK! 🙂

Courtney (Girlfriend of Ryan - has permission to handle Verizon account.)

0 Likes
Re: I have been trying to receive $300 rebate since December...
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 
We have not heard back from you, as such we will be closing out this private support case. If you still require assitance, please feel free to create  a post on the original thread. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
CourtneyRyan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ryan is finally available to call. I presume he can still do that to handle things, rather than post more forum conversations?

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, they will verify all pertinant info, and assist you.  If you have any issues, please feel free to let us know and we will reopen the case. 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thank you,

Anthony

0 Likes