I need to have a returned item removed from my bill
Capra-Zahn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I need help resolving a billing issue I have dealt with for the past year. 

In early 2015 I became a Verizon FiOS customer and rented a Quantum Gateway Router.  In November of 2015 a friend of mine gave me his old Verizon Router as he had recently upgraded.  The old Verizon router he gave me was an Actiontec MI424WR.  I switched out the rental Quantum Gateway router for that one and I realized that for my limited needs, it worked fine.  So I returned the Quantum Gateway router to Verizon.  According to my UPS tracking number, that package was received by Verizon on Wednesday, 11/18/2015.  However, I am still being charged monthly for this!

In the middle of February 2016 I reached out to Verizon Chat and was told that they saw that the router was returned in November and that it just hadn’t finished processing yet.

I reached out again towards the end of April 2016 and was told that again, the rep saw that the router was returned in march, and so the rep then credited me back the charges for January, February, March, and April.  The router however was still on my bill.

I reached out again to Verizon chat at the end August 2016.  I was told that the rep could remove the router from my account, but he would need the serial number of the router I was currently using (the one I got from my friend).  Unfortunately, I did not have it on me at the time.  I chatted back the very next day on August 31st 2016 and was told I didn’t need the serial number of the new router and that it was very simple to just remove the rental router from my bill.  This time the rep also credited me for 3 months.  (I am assuming the 3 months was for May, June, and July, but I'm not sure.)

The last time I reached out via Verizon Chat was on September 13th 2016.  This time the rep told me they had submitted a ticket to have the rental removed and that it should only take up to 5 business days to process.

Needless to say it still has not been removed from my Bill.

Is there anyone who can direct me on what I can do to get this issue resolved?

I have the tracking code of the returned router, the serial of the current router I am using that came from my friend, and copies of all of the chats I’ve had with Verizon Support.  I would greatly appreciate getting that item removed from my bill and the rest of the faulty charges from August to now credited back to me.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re: I need to have a returned item removed from my bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Capra-Zahn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes