I returned equipment weeks ago, but Verizon has not received it.
yonaharakazoku

I returned a settop box and wireless router two or three weeks ago, but received an email today reminding me to return these items. I want to take care of this before I am billed for equipment I no longer have. How can I check the shipment status? Where can I file a dispute?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: I returned equipment weeks ago, but Verizon has not received it.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Always get a receipt from UPS for equipment you send back.  Verizon, and most cable/satellite companies, are notorious for not knowing about what equipment was returned.   The area that accepts returns often doesn't connect the return to your account.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi yonaharakazoku,

Have you contacted Customer Support about the issue?  Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  Or you can use the Contact Us page.

0 Likes
lateralus73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having just about the same issue. This has been going on since January. I have contacted customer service through chat several times while at work. There is an HD set top box on my account that I do not have and I have continually been billed for it. The first couple of people I spoke with at Verizon told me to wait a billing cycle or two and it should just drop off on it's own and then I would get a retroactive credit. Now we are almost in May and it still has not been removed from my account. On April 3 another Verizon rep told me that she had put in the ticket to have it removed and that she would email me in about 2 days to let me know what my credit amount was going to be on my bill. I never heard back from anyone. So I waited again. On April 17 I contacted Verizon again through chat and was told this time that the ticket had been closed, but was not told when it had been closed, what the status was, or what my credit amount was going to be. She told me that what I see online under my equipment doesn't always accurately reflect what I have, but apparently they think it is correct because I keep getting billed for it. I was again told to wait until my next bill generates and it should be fixed. I feel like I am being lied to just to get me to go away. I have been told by multiple reps to just keep waiting and it will fix itself. I have been told twice now that this was taken care of and that I would be receiving a credit but so far nothing that I have been told has materialized and I guarantee that when my new bill generates I am going to be charged for this box again that I do not have. The actual product and services that Verizon Fios offers is excellent, but the customer service I have been getting leaves a lot to be desired. I don't understand why I would be told that this issue was resolved, multiple times, only to continually see this charge month after month. I saved copies of the chats and plan on taking this higher if I need to. Lying to customers is not a good way to keep them. 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

lateralus73,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have yet to hear back from you, we are closing out your private support case.  If you still require additional assistance, please feel free to create a new thread. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
I AM STILL BEING CHARGED FOR A SET TOP BOX THAT WAS RETURNED IN JANUARY
lateralus73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved in January and transferred service to my new house. I went to the UPS store and returned all of my old equipment. New equipment was shipped to my new address and I did the self-install. I did not set up any old boxes. They were all returned. I noticed back in February that I was being charged still and I did a live chat and the agent told me that it might take a couple of billing cycles to drop off and then I would be credited. It never happened. I did another live chat and provided the UPS tracking number and was told that Verizon did receive my shipment back on January 22nd, but never got any confirmation why this one set top box was still showing up on my bill. I had a support thread opened back in May but was also told via live chat that the box had been removed and that I would get a credit on my next bill. I had a death in the family right around this time and have been busy trying to sort affairs. I just was able to sit and breathe and really take a look at my account over the weekend and sure enough that set top box is STILL showing up. AFTER I was SPECIFICALLY told that it had been removed and that I would be credited. Looking through these forums I am seeing that this is really a big issue for a lot of people and it seems like everyone is always given the same line that it will drop off in a couple of cycles and THEN you will be credited. That is just awful customer service. You sure don't wait a couple of months to CHARGE me for something, but this error has been ongoing for over 9 months now. I returned your box. I do not have it. I have one HD DVR in my living room. That is it, except for my wireless modem. This needs to be fixed right now. A Verizon representative told me that it had been removed and that I would be credited. Why was that not the truth?

0 Likes
Re: I AM STILL BEING CHARGED FOR A SET TOP BOX THAT WAS RETURNED IN JANUARY
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lateralus73,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes