I started to receive multiple calls from collection agency for discontinued service
arrtemka86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Account #: {edited for privacy}

Customer Identification Code: {edited for privacy}

I received a package from Verizon for internet and phone. The internet from Verizon was very slow, not what the salesperson promised. So I packed the equipment back and called to Verizon within 30 minutes to cancel the services. The woman told me that there was a problem with cancelling right away because my name was spelled incorrect. She promised to call me back next week. She didn’t. i called multiple times and cancelled (as they told me) the services and even receive mailing slip to send the package back. I thought that was it. But no! I received a bill from Verizon for 150 something dollars!!!! I called them back multiple times. They called me back multiple times. At the end they assured me that they took the situation under control and everything is managed. Now months later i start to receive calls from collection agency! Right now i am being told by online support that they are not locating my account at all!!!! The bill that I see right now on my account states that I owe 121.18 dollars! I am so upset! 

I don't know what to do with this Verizon horrible service. I guess I have to go public on Facebook and call TV for help because i see that the problem is not resolving anytime soon if ever. I don't understand why I have to pay 120 dollars for not receiving any services from Verizon. I am very upset 

0 Likes
Re: I started to receive multiple calls from collection agency for discontinued service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Re: I started to receive multiple calls from collection agency for discontinued service
arrtemka86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You. I called for couple of hours yesterday with no result. Also, I chatted yesterday with multiple people: Gajula, Gregory, Shirley and a supervisor.  Shirley and a supervisor said that the statement will be zero now and as confirmation, I will receive a new bill with no charges. I asked her multiple times if that is true because all preivious people who "helped" me lied to me when they said that I am all set and don't havee to worry about anything.

I checked my balance today and it still shows that I owe $3.33. I am so tired and stressed. I did yet to receive any emails or calls from your agent and I check my spam folder. I really hope this nightmare will end soon.

0 Likes
arrtemka86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still did not hear from any agents. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi arrtemka86,

Thanks for letting us know.  We have let the team know you are still waiting for a response.

0 Likes