I too am a victim of the $300 Visa Gift Card
miketbythesea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sure enough I received the offer, signed up in good faith, paid my bills and then was told...Sorry, I don't see that on your account.  I thought it strange until I did some internet searching and found out Fios has a great track record for not following through on their promotions.

I signed up in Dec '12 waited, waited & waited, as I really did not see it as my responsibility to hound them.  When the gift card finally arrived it would be a surprise.  Well I was surprised alright...no gift card.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I too am a victim of the $300 Visa Gift Card
miketbythesea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phil from promotions was very helpful. I have my PIN and can finally put this matter to rest.  Good Luck to anyone else having challenges with this subject matter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Michael,

I called the Promotions department (866.818.0295) this morning. When you signed up for service, you had a choice between the $300 gift card or the Free Multi-Room DVR for 12 months. Since you chose the Free Multi-Room DVR, you will not be receiving the gift card. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you don't qualify to recieve this gift card. You received an email explaining the details of your order and the promotions, discounts and credits applied to your account.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
miketbythesea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not accept this as a solution. I have my original emails and am in disagreement with Verizon/Fios on this matter.

I have called the promotions department directly and will work with them over the phone to come to an acceptable solution to this matter.

0 Likes
miketbythesea
Enthusiast - Level 2

an update... After I spoke to the promotions department and they suggested I call back in a week. It's been a week and a day so I called and was asked to call back within another week.  

0 Likes
miketbythesea
Enthusiast - Level 2

After another call fios decided to approve sending us the gift card.  Our gift card arrived just the other day.  The letter accompanying it mentions to use a PIN number to complete authorization, which came both via email and regular mail separate from the gift card.  However after checking with my wife and checking my emails we never received the PIN.  At this time I'll try calling fios AGAIN to see if they will give me the PIN over the phone or email me the PIN.  I do expect it to get the PIN at some point and then I'll be able to put this matter to rest.

0 Likes
miketbythesea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phil from promotions was very helpful. I have my PIN and can finally put this matter to rest.  Good Luck to anyone else having challenges with this subject matter.

0 Likes
DisgruntledD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for posting your outcome, Mike.  You give me hope.  

My issue is a different bait and switch and I have put many hours into trying to get Verizon to honor the deal I negotiated with its rep.  I will continue to update the thread I joined earlier today.  I think too many of these are checked "problem solved" when really they've just buried the problem.

Lorenzo19501
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just moved recently and had to have Fios installed at the new place.

Today I received a $300 gift card.

The only reason I can think of is that I only requested DVR for my son's room and not the living room tv.

Could this be right? Verizon is not in the business to give away free gifts unless it is part of a promo or absorbed in the monthly bill. I received a pin number and activated the card today.

DisgruntledD
Enthusiast - Level 2

My hope was misplaced!  I gave up and cancelled all my Verizon services.  It's a PITA to change everything, but quite the money saver.  And the sad truth is that until enough of us yell "I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore" and take our dollars to their competitors, Verizon will NOT bother to improve customer service.  Enough of us walk out the door with our wallets, though...they will take note.