Re: I too am a victim of the $300 Visa Gift Card
Stayfunny
I'm glad to hear that your case is solved. I called Verizon and they told me they didn't see the $300 visa gift card on my account, and did I negotiate for it when I signed up? I distinctly remember that was the promotion when you sign up online and I double checked it when I submitted my order. The rep then transferred me to their online department who told me to call the rewards department the next day. I am trying not to be mad, but I went to dinner fuming. I really hope Verizon is not trying to bilk their customers out of a promotion they have tirelessly marketed.
0 Likes
Rohith1

Hi 

I got the verizon connection 2 year contract. I waited till now and no sign of card, call'd the customer care - got forwarded to rewards section and he says i have already given discounts so not eligible - and i didnt understand the logic here - the offer said 2 year contract with bundle 3(internet/tv nd voice) and the price was $89.99 + 300(Amazon/Visa). I hope verizon will keep up their words.

Rohith Gorur

0 Likes
chrismc7074
Enthusiast - Level 1

I renewed my contract with a offer of a $250 visa gift card in August 2013 and am still waiting on the gift card.  Very disappointing!  

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chrismc7074 wrote:

I renewed my contract with a offer of a $250 visa gift card in August 2013 and am still waiting on the gift card.  Very disappointing!  

Typically sent out only AFTER 3 months so sounds like the correct wait time.  In fact wording like that is in the contract (if you got one) and in the online info about the offerings.  There is also a webpage to check the status of your reward. http://www.verizon.com/rewards  note the logon username and password are not your regular one.

0 Likes
patches49

after i was told i would get my $300.00 gift card when i sign up for atwo year agreement im now told i not getting it they say because im getting dicounts on my triple play  there just like car salesmen verizon wont have my business after two years  here the number for gift cards 1-866-818-0295 good luck

0 Likes
ddwalker1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I am having the same issue. The Verizon salesman came to my house and offered the $300 Gift Card as an incentive to sign up for a plan. After signing up, I waited two plus months, paid on time but no gift card. I recently contacted Verizon's customer service and they stated since I received a plan with discounts, I was not eligible for the gift card. This information was not presented to me during the sales presentation. I was specially offered the discounts and the gift card. I would never have signed up for their plan if I had been told that there was no gift card. Also, since I also have a 2 year contract with a penalty for canceling early, the gift card was my incentive for a two year commitment. I have been lied to and provided so much bad service I cannot believe Verizon would even operate a business in this manner. The issue with the gift card is just one of the many customer service issues I have had with Verizon. Everything from technicians arriving late on my installations to just bad customer service. I have been in contact with their customer service and elevated to a couple of supervisors over the last two weeks. If anyone lives in the Blue Bell Pa. area, please be careful with Verizon's salesman. They will say anything to sign you up.
TiredofFIOS

Going through the same **bleep** right now. Got my service in August of 2013. Signed up online and clearly picked the triple play package which was supposed to get me $300 Visa or Amazon gift card. Waited and waited and now being told I am not eligible. I just checked my bill and I am not getting any additional discounts other than what was offered when I signed up and I am paying almost $30 extra for the DVR which is a joke. Today I filed a complaint with the BBB . I am disgusted that Verizon would treat their customers this way and now I am stuck in a contract for 2 friggin years that I can't get out of.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello TiredofFIOS

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
Stella541
I was just told yesterday that I am not eligible for the $300 gift card Holiday Offer. I too was never told that I had a choice of a package deal or a $ 300 gift card, as a matter of fact Verizon insisted that they were going to save me money if I switched from Directv to Fios and that was before I got the mailer and agreed to switch. We were very happy with our dish
And never would have switched had it not been the gift card offer. Anyone else have any luck getting their card? Anyone leave Verizon?
0 Likes