I want me Security Deposit back
livia1

I moved to NY on January 2018 and contacted Verizon to get their internet and cable service. Because I didn't have any credit, they told me I would have to pay a security deposit fee of more than $200. They also asked me what kind of plan I would want - I chose the prepaid one because I wan't sure I would stay in the city for more than 1 year. I ended up leaving by the end of February 2019. Before I left, I called Verizon to cancel my plan and they told me they would refund that deposit to the credit card  I originally used to pay. However, that card didn't exist anymore as it was cloned and I had to switch it. So they asked me for a an address where they could send a check to. I gave them my cousin's address in Florida and left to Brazil.

On May 2nd I still haven't had received the check so I called Verizon and after waiting forever to talk to an agent (Daren) he explained that they were waiting for the last bill to be generated on May 21st (what?) and that my deadline to receive the check was June 21st. Today is July 25th, 5 months after closing my account, and I still haven't got my refund.

As my cousin had to move to Texas, I reached out to Verizon yesterday and the agent said that he could see all I was talking about in my case, but didn't have access to whether or not the check had been already sent. So he gave me a specific phone I should call to talk to the Finance department. I called this number and was is chocked to find out that they are now saying I'm not supposed to receive a refund whatsoever, in fact they are actually saying I never even paid such deposit. I wonder why all the other agents I  talked to about this confirmed I was supposed to receive the check and suddenly this person doesn't know anything about it. Don't they communicate? Don't they have notes on my case?

To make it even worst, the call was bad and they asked me my phone number so they could call me instead. I gave them my cell phone and explained it was a brazilian phone number. I'm still waiting for this call... 

Honestly, I just want my money back. That's all. They charged me upfront as a security deposit and now they claimed there was no such thing? This is the worst customer experience I've ever had in this country.

0 Likes
Re: I want me Security Deposit back
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi livia,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes