I was charged early termination fee even after moving and upgrading Fios bundled service
kitzy1

I moved to a new house in July 2018 and had my Verizon service moved and was talked into a new bundle. Subsequently, in August I was talked into getting TechSure Plus as I wanted to have wiring installed, CAT4, and the agent said it was included in the service. Now, it is 8/13 and I've been hung up on about 15 times (between chat and voice) to get the TechSure Plus cancelled because it DOES NOT cover install. While on phone just now, 8/13, the agent gave me a hard time about cancelling TechSure but eventually seemed to let me..low and behold, nope she wanted to talk about the $300 dollars I owed for early termination fee for my move.  I was on hold for this call for about 30 minutes until she disconnected me.

Why am I being charged an early termination fee for retaining FIOS service at my new home and actually upgrading it to the Ultimate bundle? This is really insane.  Why all the lies about what the service engagement entails (bundles, ETFs, what is covered, etc.)?

0 Likes
Re: I was charged early termination fee even after moving and upgrading Fios bundled service
kitzy1

Now, I've reached out again and this agent says there is no early termination fee and that 'of course' the TechSure Plus can be removed. The web page even says 'no contract' and that there is a 30-day waiting period. Why is this SO hard?

0 Likes
Re: I was charged early termination fee even after moving and upgrading Fios bundled service
kitzy1

Well, I'm going to annotate by topic:

• Early Termination Fee:
    • When the agent looked again, the early termination charge was there. She acknowledges it shouldn't be but she can't change it. She has to submit a ticket to get it removed. She at least shared the info: "Your Issue Report has been successfully created. Expected resolution time: Aug 15, 2018 at 02:47 PM".
  • TechSure Plus Removal:
    • I should be getting an email shortly showing the removal of TechSure Plus.  Hoping it occurs. When received email it told me to go to mobile app to see change. Didn't find it there, but as the app tried to sell me TechSure Plus, maybe it worked.
0 Likes