If I have to call support it will be to cancel fios service
frustratedwfios

I have had Fios for close to 10 years now.  I have also had the same equipment since then.  For the first couple years I was happy with my service.  From then on service has been slowly moving down hill.  Whenever I have an issue I look online hoping there will finally be some type of email support.  Well, there never is and I am forced to call.  I loathe the phone support.  The service call makes you go through an automated support  whether you ask for it or not.  Look how long I have been a customer.  Don't you think I power cycled my box before calling?  I could write pages about all the issues that I have had that were never fixed even after support calls and tech visits, but I'll just list a few.

My bedroom cable box wasn't responding to the remote control.  After a horrible support call, a tech was sent out.  Well for the last several years my cable box has been standing up on its side against the wall.  That was the only way the tech could get it to work.  Looks horrible.  I can't see the time or the channel.  I only see the bottom of the box.  I left it like that because I don't want to sit on the phone for hours listening to automated messages and being transfered from dept to dept. No compensation.

A few years ago none of my hd channels were working.  Recordings were scrambled and on demand didn't work.  After the usual hour long phone call, tech support came and replaced part of my ONT box.  The tech said that the box is so old that they don't make it anymore (I still have that same **bleep**ty ONT today).  If I still had problems I would have to call back again to get it completely replaced.  Well It did fix it somewhat, although service isn't as smooth as it used to be.

I have to power cycle my cable box at least once a month when on demand doesn't work or service starts acting up.

All of my equipment is crazy old and they don't want to replace it unless I pay for a service upgrade.?.?? I don't want an upgrade.  I just want modern **bleep** that actually works.

I receive letters from Optiumum all the time with deals that offer twice the service for half the price.  I reflexively throw them out because their service used to be crap.  Well now fios reminds me of what Optimum used to be.

By the way, with all of the issues that I have had over the years, I have never once been compensated.  After wasting half the night on the phone with fios support, they tell me that I have to call a different number to ask about compensation.  I'm too tired after work to deal with all of this when I'm already frustrated with my tv not working and slow internet service.

I need all new equipment (ont, cable boxes, router).  I need to pay much less.  And I need it without having to talk to a machine for hours.

I'm guessing that I will get all of this, but it just won't be from Verizon.

My contract is up in a little over 30 days and they want to raise my rates if I don't sign up for 2 more years of subpar service.

You know what?  I'll probably just call Optimum and let them deal with the Verizon cancellation call.

0 Likes
Re: If I have to call support it will be to cancel fios service
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi frustratedwfios,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes