Incorrect Wireless Router - Unreturned 100.00 charge
westphilly3514

Hi,

I previously had issues with download speeds and Verizon eventually replaced everything including ONT as it was more than 10 years old.  My FIOS works now!

Along the way they sent me a refurbished Actiontec MI424WR Rev I router to see if my router was a problem, which was already an Actiontec MI424WR Rev I.  I  purchased first Rev I router used on Ebay, myself, years ago when Verizon introduced their "maintenance" fee for those who were using Actiontec MI424WR Rev F.  After I stopped using Rev F router I returned Rev F router to my local FiOS customer center in person.  All was well until download speed became a problem recently.

Initially on phone with Verizon I questioned multiple times if I would be charged for the second Rev I router they were sending me and they assured me no.

Now I have a $100.00 charge for unreturned equipment on my bill.  I have opened multiple tickets for this charge and it is not going away.  I have submitted proof of purchase over the phone.  The Verizon reps have said the ticket response was "insufficient proof of purchase."

I am currently still using second refurbished router Verizon mailed me while they spent *one month* determining why my download speed was 0.05Mbps and my upload was 25.0Mbps.  During this time we paid full monthly rate.  We have been good standing FiOS customers for 8 years.

How can I upload a PDF of my Ebay transaction to prove I purchased the first router myself and it was not issued to me by Verizon?  My FiOS works now so I do not want to change anything.  Please advise.

0 Likes
Re: Incorrect Wireless Router - Unreturned 100.00 charge
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes