Installation Charges
StacieP

I added FIOS TV to my account on 1/15/14. I have  phone and internet. I was told that I could do a self install but when I tried to do the self install I couldn't get it to work. I called Verizon and was told that the jack I wanted to use was not connected. The jack had been used for Dish Network. The Verizon rep said they could send a technician out to wire the jack for FIOS. I specifically asked if there would be a charge for the technician coming out I was told NO there  would not be a charge. I received my bill yesterday and there is a $91 labor charge for the technician to wire the jack. 

I just talked to 2 different customer service reps on the phone and both of them told me that they could not remove the charge. In my opinion this is a very deceptive practice by Verizon. I specifically asked if there would be a charge and was told NO and now they are charging me and telling me there is no way they can remove the charge. 

I am very disappointed in Verizon's customer service. If you tell a customer there is no charge for a service, you should not charge them.

Verizon should remove this charge from my bill.

0 Likes
Re: Installation Charges
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi StacieP,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

Mitchell

0 Likes
pumikim

Hi,

I've just had a similar incident - one of our HD channels wasn't working. after hours of reset the operator asked if we'd like somenoe come over. no mentioning of fees whatsoever. I agreed thugh this meant staying at home instead of working. someone came over, went into the house, that didn't help, then went outside and fixed somehting in a box on the street and that helped. now i see a 91$ charge, called for help and was told by customer service and his manager that nothing can be done about this.

I hope you can help me with this

thanks

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi pumikim,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes