Lied to by Fios associate
Cuse4441

After cutting the cord in April, I called to ensure the router I returned to Verizon made it (after not receiving confirmation).  An associate was very helpful and confirmed the return and offered me a discounted rate.

It took me three years to decide to cut the cord, and I hadn't been on a contract in years. The $10 a month discount on Internet was minor, but I confirmed and reconfirmed that this "discount" wouldn't be a contract -- knowing I might switch providers at any time.

She assured me it wasn't a contract, and even said "you'll see $5 contract discount" on your receipt -- this isn't a contract!!!! It's what she needed to do to provide me a discount. I confirmed at least 2 more times, and she assured me I wasn't locked in -- and never even discussed termination fees. 

Now I'm looking to discontinue service, and of course, I'm being held to a "contract" with early termination fees. I've tried to reason with three separate associates -- and two who promised to "escalate" the issue ended up disconnecting me.

Unethical. Shady. And shortsighted. I didn't sign a contract with my new provider (because WHY WOULD I?). I have multiple cell phones I could bring to Verizon. Unless this gets resolved, I will never do business with Verizon again and will actively talk anyone I can out of avoiding this company.

What a disgrace.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by Fios associate
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cuse444,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes