Long Term Customer Jammed after years of paying perfectly for $25.07
RuinedMyCredit

So,

I have been a Verizon Wireless and FIOS customer for years.

Never paid a bill late. Ever.

Moved to a location where FIOS was not offered and went with AT&T.

Services ended with Fios on 10/18/2013, received final bill in November. Paid it that day. IN FULL.

Yesterday, I receive a letter from a collection agency that Verizon had placed me for collection for $25.07!!!

I called the corporate office (complaint department) , explained the situation, asked what was going on.

I was told it was a bill from movies rented on 10/04/2014.

I was told that this did not appear on my final bill (received in November) because rented (on demand) movies are like "long distance and billed after the fact".

I was very upset, and told them had I received a bill for $25.07 I most certainly have paid it, despite the above reason making NO sense.

My perfect payment history should have verified this claim.

I asked them to remove the collection line from my credit , and they refuse. They said I can pay the collection agency, which is unsatisfactory as it will STILL reflect on my credit as a "paid collection account".

So, after being a stellar customer for YEARS, Verizon feels really good about jacking my credit for a $25.07 bill that I never received and makes no sense.

You would think if the movies I was billed so late for (10/4 - remember I ended service on 10/18) and received "final" bill in NOVEMBER, these rentals would have been on that bill.

Not disputing the rentals - disputing the crappy billing procedures Verizon utilizes.

I will continue pursuing this. Oh boy will I!

Not that Verizon cares, but one of my 3 wireless lines has a contract expiration of 01/23/2014 - guess I will not be renewing with them.

0 Likes
Re: Long Term Customer Jammed after years of paying perfectly for $25.07
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RuinedMyCredit,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Long Term Customer Jammed after years of paying perfectly for $25.07
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to no response, we have closed your private support thread. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need some help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes