A snapshot of my life while dealing with Verizon over the past few MONTHS:
- Back in MAY, I placed an order to upgrade from Verizon DSL Internet to a full Verizon FiOS Triple Play. My CSR was very friendly, but it took HOURS to set up the entire order (including the third party verification for the phone service). She kept finding new discounts to apply and whatnot, and when all was said and done, she told me my first year monthly service price would be only $49.99. Amazing, right? So we set up an instalation date.
- JUNE 16 - hurray, installation day! Oh, wait...installation scheduled for between 8am and 12pm, but no one ever showed up. Called Verizon and was told MY ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELLED and NO ONE EVER TOLD ME. I spent the entire day home from work waiting for an installation that had previously been cancelled BY VERIZON without notifying me. Apparently, it had something to do with an issue when trying to port my home phone number from my current service provider to Verizon. Had to spend additional HOURS on the phone submitting a NEW order from scratch. And, of course, this time, the final monthly price he came up with (different CSR) was $69.99. I explained that this was ridiculous, that it was $20 less when the other person did it, that I took a whole day home rom work waiting for an installation they canceled without ever telling me...he said he would enter an additional $20/month for 12 months credit due to the frustration and inconvenience. Gee, thanks so much for being so generous as to give me the rate I was originally quoted...so we set up a new installation date.
- Installation set up for June 28 between 8am and 12pm. I told them I could NOT be home in the morning, only afternoon. Regardless, email confirmation states 8am-12pm window. Called a few days prior to installation to again request afternoon, and CSR tells me it is in THEIR system for afternoon, so no problem. Day before installation, automated reminder call from Verizon says 8am-12pm. I call again, and CSR again tells me it's set up for afternoon in their system, so don't worry about it.
- INSTALLATION DAY #2 - call at 8am from installation tech that he's on his way to our house. NO. Explain to him that I have requested multiple times for AFTERNOON install, NOT MORNING. Shocker, he has me on his schedule for morning. Polite tech says he will adjust his schedule to come in the afternoon instead. Tech arrives and installs everything, and everything works. The only issue is that they never came and burried the FiOS line to our house, so he has to put in a temporary above-ground line. Polite installation tech leaves his card and says if we ever need a tech support person to come to our house, call him directly instead of setting up through Verizon because he can be there faster.
- 2 DAYS AFTER SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION - nothing works! Discover the temporary above-ground cable has been accidentally cut by groundskeeping lawnmowers. Called Verizon Tech Support, who says they can send someone out on Saturday or Sunday with a 4-hour window, and we will have to be home at the time (this is on a Thursday and 4th of July holiday weekend). I argue that it's a holiday weekend, and we do not have to be home because it's the cable outside. It runs ONLY outside. Tech Support insists we have to be home. Hang up on useless Tech Support and call Installation Tech who had left his card - he comes out the very next day (Friday) and replaces the line, and agrees we do NOT have to be home at the time. Thank goodness for ONE good Verizon employee out of the MANY I've encountered on this journey...
- A few days later, the line still isn't buried, so I call Verizon. They cannot tell me when it is scheduled to be buried. Okay...then I can't guarantee it won't get cut again!
- Then I get a new Verizon Wireless bill for my cell phone account. But I had signed up for OneBill to combine everything and get an additional discount. Call Verizon...oh, they couldn't do the OneBill because I had a discount on my Verizon Wireless account for something else, and I can't get 2 discounts. Umm, no one EVER said anything about that. I explain that I would rather have the OneBill discount because it's a greater amount. They tell me I have to call Verizon Wireless to cancel the other discount. Seriously? So I do just that. Then call Verizon back again to add OneBill to my account. They say not a problem. Done. Yeah, right! Also, while on the phone, asked Verizon FiOS to verify my monthly service price. $69.99. What hapened to the additional $20 CSR had previously promised me? Ask to speak to a manager. Supposed manager gets on the phone and is nothing but rude, tells me there's nothing she can do, and provides NO explanation to any of my questions. WOW. Thanks for being so helpful...so now I'm out another $240 for the first year thanks to lies from Verizon.
- Get first Verizon FiOS bill of more than $240. WHAT?! Oh, no one ever told me that when I upgraded from DSL, my automatic payments from my DSL account would be cancelled, so now I'm behind on those payments. Also, there is NO additional $20 discount as promised by the CSR who entered entire new order #2, nor is there a OneBill discount.
- Get another Verizon Wireless bill, now higher since I cancelled my original discount AND still have not been set up for OneBill. Tried to do OneBill online and get message that it "cannot be completed at this time" with no real reason as to why. Called Verizon this morning and sat on hold for 32 minutes before getting disconnected.
Keep up the great work, Verizon...and don't worry, I'll be sure to tell ALL my friends and family and coworkers...
I've had your post copied to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. This requires an agent that can review your account details.
Please visit: http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs and choose “Live Chat”. If available, the chat link will become live after the page fully loads.
No, I will not "Live Chat." Live Chat is USELESS. I tried it multiple times when trying to place my initial order, and they do nothing but repeat scripted responses. Heck, talking to people on the PHONE hs even been useless - a SUPERVISOR told me there was nothing she could do to help me.
I have not been contacted by Verizon at all since I posted this despite both a reply here and a private message sent to me stating that someone would be contacting me. I have, however, gotten an email (today) that my account is overdue despite the fact that I have signed up for EasyPay (and no, I did not just sign up today - I signed up previously).
Ugh, I have a feeling all this **bleep** will never end...
they are like a nightmare that never ends! I have made complaints with the BBB, The Attorney General's Office and the FCC.
Now 6 for 6, every friggin rep that picks up the phone to "help" me when I call is an unprofessional **bleep**. They just seem like high school dropouts who can't figure out crap or understand a thing, just hanging up on customers when the going gets tough.
DISAPPOINTING would be profoundly understating their customer service. I'm appalled and shocked that they can stay in business.
Always surprised that people slam Verizon Customer service support.
Its average of all the large companies not better or worse.
And although there may be some impolite service reps out there, I've never had one. True you sometime get the rep who doesn't know how to fix things, if your polite you can usually get them to pass you on to someone who can. And only once (when they really had most of their customers TV down, Did I have to wait more than 5 minutes to reach a live person on the phone.
I just found this forum by mistake. I have been a fios customer for a little over a year and have nothing but problems. It is far and few between that I actually get a customer service rep. who knows what they are talking about. Majority of themdo sound like kids who do not have a clue how to help, and if they hear in your voice that you are getting annoyed, this seems to amuse them.
I have the silver multi room dvr box and had it replaced a few times because believe it or not all the boxes: the picture freezes, takes forever for the channel to change and the box makes ticking noise. The last time my account was charged $5.66 for "renting a dvr." I never rented anything and it took 2 tries to customer service to get this removed.
So now I want the black dvr box and I am told since it is an upgrade it will cost me $40 plus an additional $20 shipping and handling. Shipping and handling fee - are they kidding??? I was bounced to 4 different people and none of them could help me. So I went on live chat and the woman said she could "definitely resolve the problem." Her resolution was not to charge $20 shipping and handling fee. Thats it. I was never charged a fee before so what the hell is this? I am so disgusted with verizon that I wanted to close my account. Cant do that because of **bleep** contract - so what I am stuck with this nonsense? And whoever had my number before never paid their bills because I get calls from collection agencies. So I asked for my number to be nonpublished and verizon will charge me $3.75 per month. I regret leaving cable.
And one more thing. The charge for the silver multi room dvr box is the same as the black one. So what is this $40 extre fee for??? I want out of this ridiculous contract.
... every friggin rep that picks up the phone to "help" me when I call is an unprofessional **bleep**. They just seem like high school dropouts who can't figure out crap or understand a thing ....
With this approach it's indeed possible that you may encounter difficulties when contacting Verizon employees. Maybe or maybe not, but the smart money is probably riding on your encountering a frigid reception. Nonetheless I certainly hope you are able to resolve your issues with your service provider. Best wishes.