MAJOR account and billing issue for MONTHS. Still not resolved.
jab_westchester

Totally at the end of my rope, I am sending this letter to Mr. Robert Mudge and other Verizon corporate execs. I thought I'd post it here as well in the event that someone from Verizon can assist here. It's been a total nightmare and so many hours spent...

Dear Mr. Mudge,

I am writing to you because I have exhausted all other avenues with trying to get my issue resolved. I should state that my very long “relationship” with Verizon has never been without issue – the question always is, what Verizon issue do I need to deal with today? I have been blatantly lied to by your store employees, I have been tossed from store customer service to corporate customer service innumerable times, and I have been subject time and time again to customer service people who mislead and have no business representing your products and services because of their complete lack of understanding of your products and services. This is all despite my absolute best efforts to clarify situations. It’s been pretty darned bad, truth be told.

Not only do I have a long tenure with Verizon, I currently (and for a while now) have four services with your company. None of this seems to matter, however.

My latest issue, and I have been with your company since the ‘90s so there have been A LOT, is this: several months ago I called because my bill inexplicably was going up. I was told that I could have the SAME EXACT plan, a triple play, for $139.99 and with a $5/mo credit it would be $134.99. The only differences were (and I confirmed this at least three times with the representative, Yolanda, that I spoke with) that I would have faster internet and more cable channels. Fine, I didn’t really care as I just wanted my bill to get back under control and have the SAME services.

Let me back up in history and let you know that from the very original moment that I switched to FiOS, it has never been an option for me to have digital voice – after several technicians came to my apartment, they all came to the same conclusion: that it would require re-wiring the apartment, making holes in the walls, etc. After just having had a $3,400 paint job on my apartment, I was not willing nor financially able to do this. I am sure you can understand. Verizon does not pay to fix the damage caused by re-wiring. So forever and always, digital voice for me was not an option. And when I say forever and always, it had not magically changed when I spoke to Yolanda.

Apparently, the representative Yolanda, entirely without my knowledge or approval, changed my voice plan to digital. Clearly, after what I just told you, I would not have agreed to this. I suspected something was wrong when I received notification that a technician was scheduled to come to my apartment. When I called and inquired about it, not having scheduled an appointment myself, no one on the other end seemed to have the first clue as to why a technician was coming, and they basically said that Verizon must be doing work in the building.

OK, great.

Imagine my surprise when I received my first bill after the change and it was WAY higher than anything I had agreed to. Well, trying to get this rectified has been nothing short of a nightmare. I have been on the phone for an hour each month, telling the same story to different people each time, trying to get a credit for what I AGREED to pay for vs. what I am being charged. I mean, the ridiculousness of it all has me wondering if I am being Punk’d, or on some new version of Candid Camera. To add this on top of all I have had to deal with from your company over the years, I just have no words for it. At the VERY least, Yolanda should have mentioned SOMETHING about having to get digital voice installed. How does a customer service rep have the power to categorically, and without discussion/approval, make the decision to send a technician to my home to install something? Again, no words.

I am in the process of buying a house in Armonk, NY. Resolution of this issue, or lack thereof, will determine if I continue to use Verizon at all – meaning all four services. I have confirmed that it is available in the area of the new address of the house. I have the option to get FiOS installed in the new house, and have put it all on hold pending a suitable outcome.

0 Likes
Re: MAJOR account and billing issue for MONTHS. Still not resolved.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jab_westchester,

We've had to close your private support case due to non-response. If you continue to need assistance, please reach out to us by creating a post in this thread and we'll reopen your case.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
jab_westchester

I was connected with someone in your Account Retention group - Mercedes {edited for privacy}. I had a conversation with her, we set up an appt for a tech to come out despite me tlling her several times that he was not going to be able to do what she said, she insisted. Of course the tech came, I had the same conversation with the three others that came before him and he was not able to do anything. This was on Aug12th. I was told I would get a call from someone. I did not. I called and left FOUR messages for Merceded {edited for privacy} in the retention group and she has NOT called me back  despite PROMISING that she would keep an eye on the case and call me if there were any issues. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. I LEFT FOUR MESSAGES for a RETENTION person. Further proof that Verizon does not care about their customers, as if we needed more. PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE CONTACT ME AT my cell number which is a Verizon number and in my account ASAP.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

jab_westchester,

We have reopened your private support case. Please refer all further replies concerning this issue to that private thread. We will continue working on this with you there.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jab_westchester,

We were able to get you in contact with the retention group who was able to resolve your issue. Sorry for the extensive delay that you have had to endure to get this resolved. Please let us know here on the forums if there is anything else we could help you with. Happy Labor Day weekend!

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes
Veryunhappy6

For the 2nd year after placing my FIOS bundle on vacation I continue to be billed $30.00 each month. That forces me to call Verizon and ask that this $30.00 charge be removed. Each month for the past 2 years when services are on vacation your service agent tells me the problem will be fixed but it never is !!! Please review my account file for details. 

In addition Why am I being billed for taxes and services when there is no service? Have asked that question but have not received a satisfactory reply.!!!

Pls respond.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Veryunhappy6 wrote:

For the 2nd year after placing my FIOS bundle on vacation I continue to be billed $30.00 each month. That forces me to call Verizon and ask that this $30.00 charge be removed. Each month for the past 2 years when services are on vacation your service agent tells me the problem will be fixed but it never is !!! Please review my account file for details. 

In addition Why am I being billed for taxes and services when there is no service? Have asked that question but have not received a satisfactory reply.!!!

Pls respond.

{edited for privacy}

You are posting to a thread over 5 years old, they will probably lock it out shortly.

call 1-800-VERIZON and speak to them. No one here can assist in billing issues.

we are customers helping customers. Sorry

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes