Misled about service cancellation and prorated refund/credit
noverizonno

Apparently they don't prorate internet service accounts ... cancelled mid month after charging me double what I paid before. And the customer service rep even mentioned to me during my call to cancel service that I WILL get the prorated amount refunded back. Now I get nothing but frustration and a feeling of being ripped off and lied to. I rather they tell me that during the service cancellation call and not tell me something that is wrong, then I could have plan the cancel at the end of the service period instead of mid month. 

Was a customer of verizon and verizon wireless before, both ended on sour note. Buyers beware ... double and triple check before switching .

I just want consumers to beware of verizon's actions and in nowhere in the contract does it states verizon will NOT prorate, which prorating is industry standard when cancelling service. As stated worst of all verizon customer service rep mentioned I will be getting it and misled me to believe this. 

0 Likes
Re: Misled about service cancellation and prorated refund/credit
jonjones1
Legend

I attach for your reading an updated terms of service for Fios service.

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Internet%20-TOS_07032018_v18-3_ENGLISH_CLEAN.pdf

Unfortunately i I no longer see any reference to prorate refund on services. It mentions “at the end of your service date”

0 Likes
Kristanwilliam

The issue isn't with the documentation. Veriozn employs many corporate lawyers to ensure that the fine print is always in order. The issue is with the represetatives either being uninformed aboutt official company policy, or outright lying to customers. I have had similar issues with Verizon where they tell me one thing on the phone when they are trying to make a sale, then do another thing in reality, and then point to the fine print and ignore the lies I was told. The issue is trusting that a company will do what they tell you they will do, not the supposed terms of service. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I would never say that it’s right to lie and swindle a customer or potential customer, however corporate America today has made it essential to grow at any cost or go out of business. That’s true with any company doing direct business with the public.

the paperwork may be the binder in any disputes, but any verbal exchange is not really going to hold up without proof. And recordings are not proof unless both parties agree to that recording. 

However in such business dealings companies forget they are not above “fraud” laws and many people need only contact their states attorney generals office or office of the public advocate. Depending on state of residence. 

Verizon has posted great losses in last quarter in tv and phone subscribers. However found growth in Fios internet only and their wireless division. Their Oath division lost millions of dollars, so if the trend continues they will be out of business. You see the little customer is the backbone of the companies. You lie and cheat the customers you lose business.

now another aspect to ponder is the work environment. Many companies have a quota system, a retention system, or both. Factor in online or in person sales and telephone sales it is conceivable many will misrepresent service perks to effect the sale. But if the company knows about this or makes this part of their sales requirement for such sales then they don’t deserve business.

and such behavior will result in loss revenue and company shut downs, layoffs etc. it is a snowball effect. So make the company know why you are going elsewhere, and be firm. Too many choices out there.

0 Likes