Moved and discontinued my service - still dealing with old account dispute
SBR13

I moved in September 2015. When I called to cancel my Verizon Fios (because my new city didn't have it), I was sent an email confirmation. Shorlty after that, my cancellation was canceled, with no notice to me. My service was not turned off, which I didn't learn until a few weeks after I had moved and Verizon contacted me to ask why someone was requesting new service at an existing address. I called - several times - and fixed the issue. I had already sent all the equipment back, all that was left was getting a final bill. Which took almost three months. When I did get it, it was much higher than I expected, so I called to ask why. As they explained, charges for the extra weeks of service (that I thought I had canceled), unreturned equipment (that had been returned), and a late fee. When I finally got someone who said they could help (after calling multiple times and offices), I was told everything was fixed and I was given a final bill total. I paid that final bill total immediately. About two months later I received a collection notice for an amount that was neither what I was told was my final bill and paid, or the previous incorrect amount of a final bill. Again, I called multiple times and multiple offices because no one could help. I was finally told by the collection agency what the charges appeared to be: unreturned equipment and a late fee. As per their process, I wrote a letter disputing the charges and sent it to them. Heard nothing back until today, when I received a call from another, different collection agency with the same amount. They told me that Verizon must have not accepted my dispute on the previous collection agency notice.

So, in a nutshell: Verizon screwed up. They admitted they screwed up, and said they fixed it. Multiple times. Except they didn't fix it, and now the bill is with a collection agency and I have to take time to continue dealing with this.

Anyone know a contact in upper management at Verizon or another office that might be able to fix this? Anyone have any luck disputing bills once they've gone to a collection agency?

0 Likes
Re: Moved and discontinued my service - still dealing with old account dispute
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SBR13,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes