My connection is cancelled without my permission/knowledge
Seenu1983

I have contacted Verizon customer care over chat asking where can I return the router as my own router is working fine. They shared me the address, I reach there and return my router, I wasn't asked even a question, he said it is all set. I return home to find that my internet connection is not working, I try turning off and all circus with router, then it flashed my mind if something has been wrongly updated by the person who received my router. I call him and he says he has no knowledge about this as it is all taken care by customer care. I call customer care, wait for 1 hr to get my turn, and I was updated that my account is "Final", means it is closed. I didn’t ask to close my account !!, why was my account closed ? I was told sorry sir, it could be a communication gap !! That has got nothing to do with me, you might have to improve on your technical staffs communication skills to understand what customer wants.

I still cope up with this and ask the person to reactivate it, he says it is beyond his control as it is final !!, Now this takes me on nerves !!, I didn’t ask to cancel, you guys caused this mess, you fix it. I finally was told I can be reactivated with a new account with same offer that I had before, I told ok, do it right now. After a hour long conversation to set up my account using my mobile internet, I was told the earliest my account will be active is the fourth day from today (being weekend). I was like, come on, are you kidding me. I have all setup ready why can’t you just turn it on and activate it, moreover this not my fault !! I was simply denied saying this is beyond his capabilities. Finally I got my internet connection back on 3rd day, that was good, but again they sent a technician to just check if it is working, what the hell, I confirmed that it is working, why do you want a technician to get into my house to simply connect to my router to check yes it works !!

Simply a very bad experience with the dumb customer care !! I wasn't even able to open a complaint for this act as no customer care entertained this, simply saying sorry !! THIS IS VERY BAD VERIZON  !!

0 Likes
Re: My connection is cancelled without my permission/knowledge
jonjones1
Legend

You can use this link to voice your complaint. It will end up at verizons executive escalations Department.

https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

many times when customers return former Verizon equipment they take it as cancellation of service instead of return of equipment. 

Another thing to look out for is that “tech visit charge” which may appear on your invoice. Hopefully that won’t happen. You can do a forum search on the issue you wrote about and about the technician premise charges ($99-$150) as well as customers who had their service terminated when going over to customer supplied equipment.

best of luck to you.

0 Likes
Seenu1983

Thank for your response Jones !! It feel relaxing when someone is hearign to your problems. I really pity Verizon for they dont have sense to hear to a customer about an issue that they themselves created !! 

Get well soon Verizon !!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Seenu1983 wrote:

Thank for your response Jones !! It feel relaxing when someone is hearign to your problems. I really pity Verizon for they dont have sense to hear to a customer about an issue that they themselves created !! 

Get well soon Verizon !!

Key words is “they created” it is by design.

0 Likes
ArunM

History repeats! I am exactly facing the same issue today as you described 100%, don’t know what to do with such ridiculous services, no one care about the customer complaint, so finally decided to Switch it to another provider.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ArunM,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes