NO DELETE OR EDIT OPTIONS FOR PAYMENT METHODS !!!!!?
Tam-Tam

I’m so outraged that Verizon saw fit to take away the option to handle MY OWN FINANCIAL INFORMATION! Not only I can’t delete or edit my bank or card information already store on my account, the so call customer service can’t either. I think there is something illegal about this. I will do my research. A company can’t hold your financial information “hostage”, I’m pretty sure of that. Any thought or answers, VERIZON FIOS? I would like to have this issue resolved ASAP. I’m sure that adding the tab and related mapping isn’t going to put your off of business.

Please, get it resolve pronto.

Unkindly,

tam-tam

0 Likes
Re: NO DELETE OR EDIT OPTIONS FOR PAYMENT METHODS !!!!!?
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon offers many ways to pay your invoice each month.

1) via check through the mail.

2) via one time payment from your online web portal or through the Fios app.

3) cash at any Fios store location.

4) over the phone for a fee.

5) auto pay (which I never recommend)

6) credit card or debt card payment on the web or at a payment kiosk.

when you enter a credit or debit card on your account it is encrypted and if not used for 6 months it falls off. The online representative cannot view your card information. It is under secure sockets layer (SSL) in your account page.

the Verizon website under your account login can be used to pay with card on account, another card be it credit or debit for a one time payment. Or you can use your bank account or gift cards.

when you set up the payment you did not read the terms and conditions. 

0 Likes
VZhostage

EXACT same scenario just happened to me.  I am fuming while Verizon is laughing as they transfer me/us to department after department knowing there is nothing they will do about it and nothing I/we can do about it.

0 Likes
lookin4custsrv

FYI cards do not fall off after 6 months and the need to remove cancelled cards

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I answered this type of inquiry previously.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account/How-to-delete-a-credit-card/td-p/848043

I stated if fios is like the wireless division it should fall off after 6 months of non use for payments. I also said customer service may be able to assist.

the easiest way is simply delete the card from the saved payment and enter a new card.

0 Likes
ptngo2846
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found it! (just by chance because it's not obvious.) Go to Billing, 'View Bill', 'Saved Payment Methods'. On the next screen, click the Edit link next to the card you want to remove. On the next screen, click on 'Remove Card' at the bottom.

0 Likes
RiverRat2020
I can't either ...is there hope now
0 Likes
myyhml

Thank you. After spending several hours and several transfers, the customer service gave up and told me it was my PC issue. I gave up with them as I ran out of time and patience. The Verizon customer service should read this and understand how their system works. Not easy and straight way to update but it worked. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

If you read the thread in the forum and the link I gave it is not really hard to remove a payment card or even a payment pending. It’s under the billing tab in the web portal. 

I don’t use the app.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes