Need billing help - outstanding balance that should not have been charged
kristinka1

Dear Verizon Representative,

In June 2018, due to financial reasons, my family had to cancel TV & Internet.   When I spoke with the representative on the phone in order to cancel Internet, I made it clear that I wanted service turned off so that we would not be billed for the period beginning July 16.    The representative seemed to understand what I wanted, said you may as well keep the service through July 15, the end of the last bill, then it will be turned off on July 16.     I specifically asked that we would not be billed for July 16-Aug 15, and he said - no, your service will be 'off' on the 16th.  

After inquiring about this immediate upon receiving a bill for July 16-Aug 15, I contacted Fios at the end of July, and again after receiving a 'past due' notice at the end of August.   Both times, representatives told me that it usually just takes time for the final charges and everything to work themselves out.   And that I should not owe anything.    When I received another past due bill at the end of September, I called and spoke with a representative on the phone.   That person was so truly unreasonable, that I ended up in tears on the phone.      It came down to something like, "you knew what you were doing, you had service on the 16th, it is your fault for having it turned off in the new billing cycle, we don't pro-rate".    While I undersand that that is the corporate line, when I called to cancel, I did make it clear that I didn't want it to go into the next billing cycle.   And the representative who helped me told me it wouldn't.   I don't know how your billing practices work exactly, but it certainly sounded reasonable when the original rep told me to keep service on the 15th, and then it would go off for the next cycle.   

Please help me.   This all seemed to make sense at first, then the person on the phone blamed me and acted like I was being unreasonable.

I woke up on July 16 with no internet service.    I don't know why I am being billed for an enitre month of service from July 16-Aug 15.     

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. 

0 Likes
Re: Need billing help - outstanding balance that should not have been charged
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kristinka,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes