New York City: Poor FIOS customer service
nlconstantine

Hello,

I recently called Verizon because I was disappointed to find a $60 activation fee on my bill; when I initialy spoke to the sales agent to arrange service, he mentioned that this could be waived if I called Verizon's customer service. I just called customer service and had one of the most terrible, least accomodating customer service experiences of my life.

I first spoke to a tier 1 representative and asked if the fee could be waived; she, of course, said no. Sensing that I was getting nowhere with her, I asked to speak to someone higher up. I waited nearly 25 minutes to speak with a representative named Lindsay. I briefly explained my point of view, that I was a new customer and would like the activation fee waived as the sales agent had promised. She asked if I had this in writing, I said of course that I didn't, we spoke over the phone. After going back in forth and explaining that I was a new customer and that if Verizon valued my business, they would waive the fee as the sales agent indicated they would, she said that there was nothing she could do and curtly spoke "Have a nice afternoon sir, good-bye". 

I have dealt with airlines, retailers, insurance companies, and government agencies, and never felt so marginalized and unvalued as a customer. People told me that Verizon had great service when I mentioned we were switching from TWC to Verizon, but this experience just makes me scratch my head -- truly I have never been more disappointed in a customer service interaction.

Some response from Verizon representatives on this forum would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: New York City: Poor FIOS customer service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes