Order cancellation
rick7777

On 12/22/17, I was exploring options for changing my FIOS service plan on the Verizon.com website.  I clicked on a button that I thought would provide more details about the plan options, but the website responded with a message that my order had been confirmed.  I had no intention of submitting an order.  Furthermore, I did not click on any button that stated something to the effect of “Place Order”. 

I called Verizon customer service (800-837-4966) immediately and spoke to a service representative named Colleen.  Colleen acknowledged that the order was submitted inadvertently and unintentionally.  She told me that she would cancel the order but that I could not make any changes until the cancellation was confirmed.  She also promised to reach out to me within a few days to explore the plan options, which was my original intent.

A week has gone by without hearing from Colleen and the order was never cancelled, so I called the same customer service number.  The first customer service representative said that she could do nothing and transferred me to a supervisor.  I spoke to Ms. Drown in the NJ office.  Ms. Drown told me that Colleen was wrong and that she cannot cancel the order herself.  In fact, she said nothing whatsoever had been done since I spoke to Colleen.  Ms. Drown said she would submit a request to the “Escalations” department for the order placed on 12/22 to be cancelled and the service plan, which was not under a contract, to be restored.  Since that is what I was told when I spoke to Colleen from Verizon customer support on 12/22, and nothing happened, I decided I would also make the request directly.

To reiterate, I the service plan that was initiated on 12/22/2017 should be cancelled (retroactively) and all aspects of the service plan that existed at that time should be restored.  I would appreciate assistance in expediting this matter.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Order cancellation
jonjones1
Legend

Contact this agency since you are in NY State

http://www.dps.ny.gov

Calling will get you faster results. Or file the online complaint form.

this is a regulatory agency. They will help you.

0 Likes
rick7777

I appreciate the suggestion, which I've done.  I also wrote a letter to Verizon's "escalation" department and have submitted a complaint to the FCC.  Let's see if anything works.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rick7777,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rick7777

I have subscribed.  Thanks.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rick7777 wrote:

I appreciate the suggestion, which I've done.  I also wrote a letter to Verizon's "escalation" department and have submitted a complaint to the FCC.  Let's see if anything works.

I know the public service commission does a wonderful job.

the other site you may want to use is https://ag.ny.gov

Best of Luck 

0 Likes