Overcharged and being given the run around
asp18amp
Has anyone gone through this and can offer any advice? I recently moved and wanted my services transferred to my new address. I called to arrange this and was given a date for the installation. This day came and the guy didnt show at the time promised. He showed up that evening and let us know he really didnt want to be there. He looked around and called his supervisor who spoke to me. She informed me that to install the box and the wiring needed for my four tvs was going to be over $300. To make a long story short she ended up cancelling my services. I called back and talked to someone else who fixed everything for me or so I thought it was.
I was told that I could get a new promotion since I moved. I chose a $94.99 plan that included phone, tv, and quantum fios internet. The only thing that I wouldnt be getting is the gift card. The total price per month was supposed to be around $135 with the first bill being a little higher. So we set up a new date for everything to be installed. It took 3 different guys to come out before I finally got the fios installed. They kept making excuses because the job was gonna take around 3-4 hours. So I finally get it when the first bill came...ok its more than I thought it was gonna be but its the 1st bill so it didnt bother me. The next bill comes and it $100 more than I thought it aas gonna be and I have the basic channels. The next month and its still that high. I called and explained my situation and was transferred 5 times and the last time when I finally got 1 of the reps to understand what I meant she acted like she couldnt hear me. I was on the phone with these people for almost 2 hours still got no help. I even drove to a verizon store while was on the phone so I hung up after I showed the customer rep how lkng I had been on the phone and how I was being treated. He said he would try to get someone to help me so I hung up the phone. He came back and told me that they would be unable to help me ther because they were a verizon wireless store. In three months I was overcharged $201 and am expected to pay it and shut my mouth. This is ridiculous and I am really considering of just going with time warner and filing a report against verizon.
0 Likes
Re: Overcharged and being given the run around
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi asp18amp,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

asp18amp,

We are sorry for the billing trouble you have had, and are happy to look into the situation, but we cannot assist without your account info. As you have not provided that information despite multiple requests, we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
spbairett

I am having a similar problem with my Verizon account.  I actually disconnected my service and spoke with a representative like 2 days later. This was back in May.  I asked her then, to send me a final bill so that I could take care of it.  I am now receiving bills and collection letters for service after my account was closed and when I call they won't even speak with me about it (because I'm not an authorized user on the account) yet it's me and my husband's account and I'm trying to settle it so it doesn't effect my credit. But they refuse to even look into the account, I told the lady I wasn't asking for information, just trying to get her to straighten out the account so I could pay it off.  She refused to even look into it.  This is the 3rd person I've talked to, and this is why I changed service. I was with AT&T for years, I changed 2 years ago for a lower rate, since then my rate steadily increased and the customer service sucks. I am happy to be back in the wonderful care of AT &T .

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello spbairett

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes