Paper Free billing: "The primary email address you provided is invalid" . . . No it isn't
uselessidentity

Obviously I couldn't just post my email address in the a public forum, but I assure you that my email address is valid. yet when I try to enroll in paper free billing, it says "The primary email address you provided is invalid. Your enrollment in Paper Free Billing cannot proceed. Please check your email address and start your enrollment again."

There's no other way to say it but that it is wrong. The email address is valid, I receive a lot of email at that address, and I can't get another email address just because verizon's website is buggy.

Can someone contact me about getting this problem resolved? It should be a bug report for the site developers. It would probably take some time but I'd like to stop getting paper bills.

0 Likes
Re: Paper Free billing: "The primary email address you provided is invalid" . . . No it i
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi uselessidentity,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  For billing questions, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
Re: Paper Free billing: "The primary email address you provided is invalid" . . . No it i
uselessidentity

That's another problem, though - I definitely tried that first and was shot down by the automations. Links on the site that ought to just give a phone number would show me links to the same part of the site that already failed for me. Maybe if I'd just independently decided to use the phone, it would have worked out more easily, but the other support options on the site were not helpful. It seemed like I was supposed to use the chat bot, and of course the AI had no idea what I was talking about, and gave me one useless link to an irrelevant "help" document after another, and none of it helped.

Mysteriously though, 3 hours after your reply, someone must have set up my paper free billing - I received an email about it. I suspect someone intervened manually.  The issue probably still stands that the self-service option on the website wouldn't work. If there wasn't a bug report given to the developers, no one is ever going to fix it.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, though. I'm glad the change worked out eventually.  Thanks.

I bet the simplest change that would have helped would be to update the AI's chat bot with an explanation of what to do when it clearly doesn't understand the request. It needs to fall back on some basic knowledge of when and how to quit using it, like show me a number to call. Having an area to report a problem with the website itself would have been nice, too.

0 Likes