Pathetic Customer Support
jnbutton

8 hours of wasted time and counting.  12/15 called Verizon got foreign contact.  Asked if customer loyalty gets me any new discounts and ordered new router/modem and saved $20 per month, except the new router would be $15 a month more. 

Late on 12/19 discovered my two landlines were turned off.  3 hours of continuing disconnecting chat sessions (with foreign verizon personnel) I found out my transaction on 12/15 deleted my phone service and no where in the confirmation email was it stated.  Called for human contact and after being on hold 45. Minutes was disconnected at closing time. 

Since 12/20 and 4 more hours contacting numerous people and being pushed to other people it is now 12/23 at 2345 hours.  So far the phone lines were reconnected, however in error as the two numbers were switched.  Further calls got that fixed, however, simultaneous ring does not work after more calls and chats. 

To date have received 2 router modems.  Tonight just discovered I lost many fios channels.  All for asking for a discount and ordering a new router/modem.  Have to waste more time to fix the lost channels.

Now I understand why Fios costs what it does.  Verizon is going out of there way to convince me they are incompetent and I should switch to Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Pathetic Customer Support
jonjones1
Legend

Verizon is structured to make money. Like any business it does so by getting customers in the services by a low ball pricing. But it is only for new customers and not existing ones. Then they make inducements as gift cards etc. but in most cases you won’t see those gift cards because of forgetting about it, or trouble getting someone to send it to you, broken links for redemption etc. google it.

now when customers call in for new deals you get reductions in services because what you had before is not what you get now. So you get less channels, different phone services or lower internet but at a higher price. It’s those agents that don’t inform you of actual plans but hope you didn’t research what you were asking so you fall victim to these lesser services at higher prices.

I would always have a back up plan or isp since it gives you leverage when you tell them you will leave so instead of making a $120 a year extra off you they lose $2200 so you can bargain from there. Have your home wired for cable and Fios so if you need to switch just call the vendor.

0 Likes
jnbutton

It is so sad you are 110% correct.  My house is wired.  The issue where I live is that Comcast is the only competition.  Do not know about their so call customer support/service, however do know the service here is inferior to Verizon.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jnbutton,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes