Payment made impossible
pynknred
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi, 

IS THERE A VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE EMAIL? The online chat seems to have disappeared! And I can't call without having a problem with trying to get passed the first step. Below is my frustrating situation. If anyone can help, that would be AMAZING!!

I don't know where to email Verizon because I cannot call Verizon. Every time I do, the machine says my account number is invalid, which I know is in the bold box on top of my bill, it's also in the small paragraph in the fine print on the bottom of the first page. I don't understand how it's invalid. I've entered it quite a few times, and it's wrong each time. But before I called, I tried paying my bill.

I have been trying to pay my bill for a while now, quite a number of times each time, and I keep getting a message that the transaction could not be completed because either information is incorrect or because of my financial institution. I have more than enough in my account to pay my bill, my financial institution is not freezing my money, the information is correct, and the same information seems to work for all my other transactions. I have not had a problem for all my other Verizon payments in which I have been paying the same way with the same account. So this incident is new.

So, I call Verizon. Now, my account number is invalid. I don't have any other account number. And in order to get any further on the phone, I NEED to put this "account number" in, but when my correct number is called invalid, what else can I do? This is EXTREMELY frustrating. I've been waiting thinking it's gonna straighten out any day now. Late charges are piling up because of this, and I just got the new charge today! Now, I'm pretty sure I'm close to Verizon cutting the service off when I've been trying to pay the entire bill this whole time. I really don't know what to do.
0 Likes
Re: Payment made impossible
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi.  You're talking mostly to customers here.

Verizon doesn't do email support.  Their primary support channels are phone and chat.

Sometimes the Verizon moderators will escalate issues posted here to their support team.  Then, you can communicate privately through the messaging feature of the forum.  If that happens to you, be sure to follow the instructions they post.

Good Luck.

pynknred
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response! Good to know... a bit disappointing... but good to know. Is there anyway to bypass the step that needs my account number since mine seems to not be working or is deemed "invalid." And I know I have the correct one. Anyway to talk to a human?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes