Plan Changed Without Authorization
chubrock07
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where do I go to dispute a plan change without my authorization?

I was on Live Chat this morning to try and get 1 singular channel (732 FXMHD) that was not showing up on my STB to work. They informed me the channel was not showing up because I was on the Old Channel Offering and that I would need to be upgraded.

The upgrade was made and unbeknownst to me, I now am being charge $10 more a month. The technician never told me there would be a rate increase. I asked multiple times that I did not want anything that would raise my bill. They assured me that there would be no price increase.

I am now being charge $10 more a month and my Sports Pass package has been removed from my account. When talking with Live Chat support to reverse this change, I am told that the old "grandfathered" plan is no longer available. The best that could be done was a one time $10 credit on my account.

To recap, an unauthorized $10 per month charge was placed on my account ($240 over 2 years) and all that can be done is a one time $10 credit. I would like to dispute any further payments as I did not agree to this increase. I have all of the Chat ID #'s and receipts stored for those who require it.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
Re: Plan Changed Without Authorization
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi chubrock,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes