Please Resolve This IMMEDIATELY
BeyondUpset
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been customers for quite some time. We are currently not receiving any special deals from Verizon - in other words, we are paying full price for everything. And we have faithfully paid our bills without fail. Now because of a VERIZON error it appears that our account is in arrears even though we have paid the amount on every statement on time. Here's the situation.

Our statement, dated April 28, said we owed $237.90, an amount in keeping with our other statements. My husband paid via check $237.90. However our account was credited on May 12th with $284.70 - this occured because Verizon uses ACH to obtain their funds early (without waiting for a check to clear) and apparently someone, somewhere entered the wrong amount. So our account showed that we had an overpayment in the amount of $46.80 which of course would make absolutely no sense. Why would anyone want to overpay Verizon?

Our statement, due May 28, said we owed $197.74, an amount that was lower than usual because of the $46.80 credit on our account. My husband paid $197.74, not questioning that amount for a minute. For all he knew I had negotiated a new amount. And $197.74 didn't seem like a ridiculously low price. The $197.74 payment was credited to our account on June 12th.

On June 16 I got a very disturbing email stating that a check had been returned. Now, we are not in the habit of writing bad checks and I knew our account had more than enough funds. I immediately assumed it was phishing! But rather than clicking any links in the email I went to my Verizon statement online and found that I now owed $284.70 even though a new statement hadn't been issued. When I spoke to a respresentative I was immediately treated like a person with a bad account and was asked if I wanted to make payment arrangements!

After several phone calls (and even fielding some collection calls from Verizon) we finally sorted out exactly what happened - that when they determined we didn't actually pay $284.70 that they reversed that amount. However they never gave us credit for the $237.90. Initially I was told that we didn't pay that at all! I could see in my bank statement that I did. They were going to contact the bank to have verification sent but apparently that was too much work - they were too busy making mistakes.*

At this point I was checking my online account every day. You see I was hoping that this would be resolved before the next statement was issued. Oh, I was so naive! The only thing that happens quickly in the Verizon world is the pop up when you log on telling you that your account is past due.

After talking with more people I was finally able to get my bank to send verification to Verizon. On June 27 I received an email stating that proof of payment had been received and that someone would contact me in TWO WEEKS! Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, of course I received a new bill. Now, I have always acknowledged that we owed the $46.80 that was credited via Verizon when they discovered the error but that should NEVER, EVER, appear as a past due amount. The new bill I received showed that we owe $529.34. Let me break this down for you because I don't trust that you are able to follow along:

The new charges of $244.64

The amount credited in error of $46.80 (THIS SHOULD NOT APPEAR AS PAST DUE!)

And the amount that we paid that Verizon still has yet to credit of $237.90

Grand Total of $529.34

I have made more phone calls and my intelligence was insulted when someone suggested to me that "the machine hasn't gotten around to recognizing the credit." Really??? A machine makes this decision? Trust me, I'm not stupid and I know that a person has the ability to fix this.

My husband has already sent in the payment for the July 28 statement. I instructed him to pay $291.44. I subtracted the $237.90 that was paid nearly two months ago and still, as of today, is not shown as being credited to my account.

Here is what I want from Verizon - and this is not at all unreasonable.

1. I want Verizon to properly credit my account for the May 12th payment of $237.90.
  2. I want Verizon to not show that the $46.80 is a past due amount. That is your error discovered prior to the next statement, hence is is not past due.
  3. I want an apology in writing and for someone with Verizon to offer me a better deal. I will switch over to Comcast in a heartbeat as I'm sure they would love a customer that always WITHOUT FAIL pays the correct amount on their statement early.

I have noticed that you issue a reply to other posters and would appreciate the same courtesty. But I also want action. Two weeks to "investigate" what has already been proven is laughable but I'm not laughing.

*P.S. When Verizon contacted our bank they mentioned to the bank representative that this kind of error because of using ACH "happens all the time." This sounds like what you should be investigating.

0 Likes
Re: Please Resolve This IMMEDIATELY
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

BeyondUpset,

We would like to first off apologize for all the time, and trouble you have had with this issue. It was a system error that caused the trouble and not something caused by you. I want to thank you for the great care you take in your account that made this issue much easier to sort out. If it had'nt been for that there may have been much more trouble, that again, would not have been any of your doing. We are going to leave the private support case open for the next 30 days to make sure the account issue are completely straightened out. Again we do apologize for the trouble and appreciate your continued and loyal business.

Josh

BeyondUpset
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just wanted to again state that I still want my account to show NOTHING as past due.

Of course as of right now it is still showing that I owe $529.35. But when I click on 'Make payment arrangements' to see what they are showing as actually due, it finally shows the $291.44  (which is the correct amount); unfortunately it shows that amount as being past due.

If I have paid what was on my statement each month (and I have the statements from both Verizon and my bank as evidence), then there is NO WAY that ANY PART of our bill is past due.

Again, I acknowledge that the $46.80 that was incorrectly credited to our account back on May 12th needs to be a part of our statement (and it is indeed a part of the 291.44 - our new charges are only $244.64). But that $46.80 isn't past due.

And, by the way, I posted this conversation to my social media. It was suggested I should get the apology in a letter in the mail. And they say I need a better deal. Just sayin'.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please post your comments in your private support case, as the support agent will not see anything on the public post until after the support case is closed out.  It is currently showing "awaiting customer response".

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

BeyondUpset,

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes