Poor installation service - this made Comcast and Direct TV look like gold
Yang2

I decided to switch to Verizon to lower my bills and be able to watch the Phillies and Flyers. I had Comcast for phone and internet and Direct TV for TV. I called on May 12th and talked with a rep, decided what services I wanted and scheduled the installation for May 20th between 1 - 5 PM.

The tech arrived on the 20th at 2PM. There was an issue at the pole of no signal. Ok, they could have and should have done a connectivity test, but I understand. He did everything he could as prep and said they would be out the next day, May 21 to fix the issue at the pole. He said he would be back on May 22 between 1 - 5 to complete the installation. Great!!! I also requested a second phone line. Was told by the technician that he would put in the request.

Friday at 5:10 no one has shown up and no one has called. So I call them. Installation has been cancelled. No one called, no one showed up. I said I wanted to reschedule for the following week. Monday was the holiday. Could not reschedule until May 28th. Ok, rescheduled for May 28th. No one came no one called. I called again. The request was never put in. I then said I wanted someone here Monday morning first thing, June 1. Was told that could not happen they would try for Tuesday and call me back.

Guess what, no call. I call again, get a second person and the install is now for June 4. I make it very clear that I need to be the first appointment. Ok, no prob. I even get an email to that effect. And, I have now told every person I have talked to that I want to make sure that the second line is set up at the same time. This rep, who was by far the best so far explains that the request was never put in, but he will have it set to be done remotely on June 5th and mark for the tech to make sure everything is set up to accommodate it. I receive a call on Tuesday, June 2nd confirming my appt.

June 4th 8 AM - no one comes. June 4th 9 AM - no one comes June 4th 10 AM - " June 4th 11 AM - " I call the number in the confirmation email. Sorry, you called the wrong number, need to talk to a different dept. I specifically ask to be transferred live ( so I do not need to explain all over again), Did not happen. blind transfer and put on hold yet again. I have skipped the number of on holds in this because it would be wayyyyyyy too long. The next rep says - "no one has been assigned to your order yet' So much for a first appt. Put on hold again, and told the tech was just assigned and would be there shortly. So, while on the call with Verizon, apparently the tech showed up, knocked, got no response and left. Could not have tried the back door even though there were two dogs outside. And no he was not afraid of the dogs, because I asked. Then I get an email saying we were there, you were not home.

I call the new number and talk to a gentlemen who said they would call the tech. I told him the right answer was the tech would be right back. I said if that is not the answer, give me a supervisor. I get a supervisor. All the others at Verizon at least tried to show some sense of apology because of my issues. Not the supervisor. {edited for privacy} I believe was her name. She gets on the phone and is obviously in a hurry to get me off the phone. She said the tech was coming back and could she put me on hold. I say "NO". Too late, I am on hold again. She gets back on and I asked to speak to a Sr. Manager. She can not do that because she needs to put in a request. Verizon sells phone lines. I think they have phone lines.

Now I get angry. I was previously only frustrated and completely loose it. I tell (ok, yelled) that I wanted a Sr. Manager to call me. I am the customer, they are the vendor. Guess what. No manager called me. Shocking!!! But Theresa leaves me a message an hour after the person arrived to confirm someone was there. She knew he was there. I invoke the 24 hr rule and call her today. I tell her a Sr. Manager has not called me back. I am told she can not put in a request until I answer some questions. I say, I want a Sr. Manager to call me back. And again am told that she WILL NOT put in a request until I follow the process. So, I comply. I also tell her that if someone does not call me back within 24 hours I am putting in a disconnect order.

Keep in mind that I have asked many times to speak to a manager. Are they all hiding? This is a multi million $$$ company. They do not care about the customers. The only reason I put up with this it to ultimately lower my bill. I hope this does not end up a bait and switch. Comcast waives the installation fees when they do not show. Direct TV give you a discount when they blow it. Verizon makes you answer questions just to talk to a manager. Amazing.

0 Likes
Re: Poor installation service - this made Comcast and Direct TV look like gold
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes