Problem Creating Community Profile
RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

I have a MyVerizon account and a while back I created a separate account for the community forums. When I login with my Verizon account and try to go to the forums, it tells me I must create a Profile. When I try to create a profile and use my username or my email, it tells me it is in use already and won't let me create one.  This means I can never access the forums if I am logged into MyVerizon.  I want to know if I can join the two accounts together so I can use my Verizon login for the forums.  Alternatively, I would like to delete my separate Community account and create a Profile for my Verizon account using my username and email.  Is there anyone who can help with this?

Rich

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem Creating Community Profile
jonjones1
Legend

Oh I forgot, you must not be logged on to the myverizon portal. If you are log out.

forums.verizon.com and then use community only id and password.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rich_lux wrote:

I have a MyVerizon account and a while back I created a separate account for the community forums. When I login with my Verizon account and try to go to the forums, it tells me I must create a Profile. When I try to create a profile and use my username or my email, it tells me it is in use already and won't let me create one.  This means I can never access the forums if I am logged into MyVerizon.  I want to know if I can join the two accounts together so I can use my Verizon login for the forums.  Alternatively, I would like to delete my separate Community account and create a Profile for my Verizon account using my username and email.  Is there anyone who can help with this?

Rich

Let me tell you never combine the my Verizon account (used for billing and account changes) with a community only user id. I separate the two and I have a different one for my wireless account.

you will be happy later that you did. 😀

0 Likes
RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

Let me tell you never combine the my Verizon account (used for billing and account changes) with a community only user id. I separate the two and I have a different one for my wireless account.

you will be happy later that you did.

The problem with that is when I'm already logged into My Verizon and go to the community forums, I can't login there.  When I click the "sign in" link on the forums, it sees that I'm logged into My Verizon and tells me to create a profile.  It won't let me login with my community only ID.

Rich

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rich_lux wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

you will be happy later that you did.

The problem with that is when I'm already logged into My Verizon and go to the community forums, I can't login there.  When I click the "sign in" link on the forums, it sees that I'm logged into My Verizon and tells me to create a profile.  It won't let me login with my community only ID.

Rich

You must be at a start page like forums.verizon.com

you click on the sign on with community id. Do not logon with your Verizon account credentials or that which you have experienced will begin the process over and over.

i just created a name for the community and used a throw away email address other than the myverizon log in portal name and email.

like I said when I login now I use the community login for here, and my real name and email for my account. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Oh I forgot, you must not be logged on to the myverizon portal. If you are log out.

0 Likes
RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

Got it.  It will work if I do that, but I hate having to log in and out all the time.

Rich

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rich_lux wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

Got it.  It will work if I do that, but I hate having to log in and out all the time.

Rich

Personally I only use the myverizon portal when I view and make one time payments to my Fios account. 

If I am going to read or give advice, I don’t like being tracked etc. so I use my Jonjones community forum ID. 

I do the same for the Verizon Wireless web portal. Just to view and make one time payment on my wireless invoice. I also make sure I receive a paper invoice for every account.

Totally different name of course but no conflicts on the accounts. 

You will get use to it, believe me.

i post under a totally different user name and passcode on DSLReports as well. 

0 Likes