Problems with New Service Order
Jtech2009

We recently moved and had new service set up at our new address. We previously had FIOS at our old address. The rep who set everything completely messed up our order. He signed us up for the wrong TV package, and sent us a DVR we didn't request that we're now being charged $16.99 for. We already have a multi-room DVR and only needed a new HD set top box for a new TV we purchased because our old box was a standard type. I don't think he signed us up for the $300 prepaid card that we're entitled to either. He said he didn't think we were eligible, but the coupon I have is a movers special, and the only restriction is that you must not have received greater than $100 in prepaid cards from Verizon in the past 9 months.

I got online today when we realized many of the channels we used to have were no longer available, and I tried the online chat. The rep was only able to have me upgrade our tv service through the Verizon website. I could have done that myself! At the beginning of the chat, he said he could fix the extra DVR problem too, but after we got the package upgraded, he said I'd have to wait 24 hours and contact them again to get that taken care of. This whole process has taken over 2 hours of my time and totally isn't worth it. When our package expires, I'll be checking out other service providers. We have several choices in our area (unlike the rep who signed us up who told us that he doesn't have access to FIOS in his area even though he signs people up for it all day long!) The guy was more interested in chatting than setting up our service correctly even though he knew I had my husband on the other line at work because our service is in his name and the rep wouldn't let me make changes without him being on the phone too. He intially told me he only needed me to get him on the phone to get his authorization, but then he kept him on the phone through the whole drawn-out process!

Is there anyone from Verizon here who can tell me where to complain about this awful service? I also need to know how to find out if our $300 rebate has been entred into the system. I'm not waiting 3 months to find out if a check comes.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Problems with New Service Order
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jtech2009,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Problems with New Service Order
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jtech2009,

Unfortunately, due to non response, we will close the private thread. If you still need help with returning equipment or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes