Promotional Price for two year contract not honored
slugsyx

In August of 2013, I started my Verizon FIOS subscription under the $89.99 Triple Play Bundle Deal.  The deal was $89.99 for two years.  This month (August 2014) I got my bill and the base price was increasesd to $104.99.  Upon inspection of previous statements, I found that the way the $89.99 was acheived was through several discounts that were given.  Several of these discounts apparenly expired on August 1, 2014, sending the price up with the others expiring on August 1, 2015, at which time I assume my service price will increase again.

I called Customer Support on August 19, 2014.  The person on the other end was completely unhelpful and basically just read my bill back to me.  I asked a supervisor and supposedly none were available but would call me back within an hour.  No call was received.  On August 20, 2014, I called again.  The quickly asked to move onto a supervisor as it appears the first line people are not equipped to handle billing issues.  I talked to a ¨supervisor¨.  He was about as helpful as the first two reps.  I explained the situation that I agreed to a two year contract at a set price and all he would say is that my bill said the discounts expired.  He did not want to understand that I had a two year contract as that price.  He also said he had no supervisor and suggested I contact corporate Verizon (after I pushed of who to speak to above him several times).

You Customer Service is not.  I agreed to a price.  Verizon changed that price.  I don't care what discounts make it $89.99 and when they expired.  It just needs to be $89.99.  Verizon is currently offereing the same promotion.  

Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Promotional Price for two year contract not honored
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi slugsyx,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes