Quantum Router "upgrade"
NYCFios1

Hi,

I don't use the Fios modem. From the beginning it's been antiquated and buggy and I have jacked in my own proper router in to the ONT.

Recently, I had to go through the confusing and intentionally obfuscating process of renewing my contract. WIth the new contract I guess "for free" (which is a fraud because actually apparently VZ is going ot ask about this again in 3 years) I got a new modem.

I didn't twice twice about the ancient, useless, small routing tablein the closet- what is Verizon even going to do with it? This morning though I got an email that I was going to start being charged for the old one for not returning it. So I open the box to the new one, and read the instructions which say I can return the old equipment with the label enclosed.

Except there is none.

Then I called Customer Support, which so helpfully closes at 8 PM. Sorry, I work and am not home and able to deal with this kind of administrative **bleep** during the day or until well past 8 PM. On the ridiculous help center (where you can only go to this stupid forum or use a 1980 automated query system, but not actually live chat with someone who can help), I got this number:  {edited for privacy}

When you call it it is busy, busy busy busy.

How do I get rid of this piece of garbage I don't even want so I don't have to pay anymore?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Router "upgrade"
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers. You will need to speak to Verizon regarding your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Router "upgrade"
jowellizin71

let me know if you find your answers i have almost the  ame problem

0 Likes