Received collection letter after transferring my service to new home.
sixsigma1

I moved to a new out of state home in August 2014 and transferred my services to the new address. I paid the final bill and 5 months later I receive a collection letter for an unpaid bill. I never received the unpaid bill(I use paperless billing) as I've always paid my bill every month for the past 3 years. The collection letter was the first time I was notitified of this bill. I've since paid the bill to Verizon (not the collection agency BCE Group).

However, this collection has been reported the credit agencies and it has ruined my credit. I've contacted Verizon but no one seems to be able to assist me in removing this from my credit report. This was through no fault of my own and I'm having hard time correcting this horrible mistake committed by Verizon. I'm running out of options at this point.

0 Likes
Re: Received collection letter after transferring my service to new home.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sixsigma,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
sixsigma1

Thanks. However, I'm not sure if there is a timeframe for an agent to reach out to me but I havent been contacted by one yet.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It can take two business day.

0 Likes